Chapter Twenty

**AERO'S POV**

I sat in the dark cold sell. I ran my hands through my hair as I starred down at the cracks in the stone in front of me. I let out an annoyed sigh. I had no clue if they had got my message if anyone was coming for me if they were fighting Ultron already. The probably need my help, but I couldn't even get myself out of this stupid cell. Even my enhanced strength was not enough. "Ro!" I heard my name being called but I questioned my own sanity for a moment. I looked up quickly. "Ro!" My name echoed again.

"Bruce!?" My heart swelled with happiness not just for seeing Bruce but also for getting out of this stupid cell. He came around the corner and met at me at the bars that held me in here. He stuck his hand through the bar and touched the side of my cheek.

"You alright?" I nodded and faked a smile. I was unharmed and ready to be out of this cell. "The team is in the city. It's about to light up." He informed me. My heart rate picked up. I knew we were about to be in for the fight of our lives.

"I don't suppose you found a key lying around?" I looked around trying to think of a way to get out of her. I hadn't really tried to break the bars in fear of inflicting the wrath of a million robots.

"Yeah, I did." He showed me some alien tech weapon that he planned on using to blow the door open. I ducked back around the wall to stay out of the line of fire. I heard the blast hit the metal. I hurried to it and barely had to use any strength to break the bars the rest of the way open. I hurried out of the cell and pulled Bruce into a tight hug.

"What's our play?" I wanted him to fill me in on the plan the other Avengers had. His face dropped a bit before he shook his head. He held an ear comm out to me since I was without both my mask and my headphones. I quickly shoved the little speaker into my ear.

"I'm here to get you to safety," I was taken back. How could he expect me to walk away? The others needed us. I shook my head quickly. "We could help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians." He said sadly. "And you've done plenty." He took a couple of steps towards me. "Our fight is over..."

"So we just disappear?" I felt so conflicted. I didn't want Bruce in a dangerous situation, but my strength and speed meant I was useful to the others. I had to help them. Hand in hand Bruce and I maneuvered our way up and back to the main floor of the building we had been under. I glanced around at all the possible exits we could use, but seeing I had almost no clue where any of them lead I was at a loss for which one to choose. Rocks falling, the ground shaking, and a low rumbling alerted me that something was seriously wrong. Bruce turned to me telling that we needed to move. I looked into his brown eyes expecting any hint of green from us being in an area so dangerous. "You're not going to turn green?" I wasn't sure what I had been hoping for. Maybe that he would change his mind and want to fight alongside the others.

"I've got a compelling reason not to lose my cool," He looked into my eyes with such a soft and caring look. My heart fluttered in my chest. I pulled him into a passionate kiss, which he seemed to accept instead of fight. I closed my eyes and made my decision. I pulled away from the kiss.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled with my eyes still shut so I didn't have to see the look on his face. He went to ask what I meant, but I shoved him backward sending him falling into the large hole that had been created in the ground. I knew it would cause him to Hulk out which is what I needed. "But I need the other guy..." The large green man landed in front of me. He let out an annoyed huff at me pushing. "I'm sorry love, but our friends need our help." I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. " let's finish the job," I nodded firmly. Bruce scooped me up and with fluid movement moved me on his back. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck so I wouldn't fall off during whatever he was planning. I closed my eyes tightly and put my trust in the big green machine that was the hulk. I felt myself being jostled around as Hulk ran, jumped, and landed roughly. I just kept my eyes squeezed shut and let out a few grunts of discomfort when I would get bounced about. I felt my grip around the hulk loosen sending me crashing into the ground. I rolled a bit before skidding to a stop. I was quickly on my feet as Hulk came skidding after me. "I hope this makes us even," I said sarcastically as I took in a few deep breaths. Hulk grunted with a small smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on his large green arm. I bounced up a bit managing to barely place a kiss on his cheek. "Now, Go be a hero," I instructed firmly with a nod. Hulk let out a roar before heading off to join the fight. I smiled happily and headed off to see if I could find Tony or Steve to get a rundown on the plan. I sped through the crumbling streets of Sokovia destroying bots along the way.

"The rest of us have one job. if you get hurt, hurt'em back. If you get killed... walk it off," Steve's voice came through the comm in my ear as I got into range. One of Ultron's lackey robots came flying straight at me. I planted my feet firmly and braced myself for the impact. The robot practically exploded around me. I turned my attention to the most populated areas so that I could try to protect the people as much as possible. I rounded a corner onto a side street congested with crumbling buildings and abandoned cars. I spotted Clint trying his best to fend off about 15 robots by himself.

"One your left Clint!" I shouted before zooming by and close lining two of the robots smashing them in half. I came skidding to a stop and scrambled out of the way of the blasts of the remaining robots. Suddenly the Maximoff girl came out of a side building and ripped all but two robots to shreds. Clint shot one last approaching one as I slammed my fist into the other.

"All clear here," Clint called into his comms. Steve responded that they weren't clear and by the tone of his voice he was struggling. "All right, coming to you..." Clint started. A blue blur buzzed by pausing just long enough to scoop up his sister with some snarky 'keep up' comment. Clint drew his bow back. "no one would know..." He mumbled to himself. "Last I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him... poor guy... miss him already." He snickered before glancing over at me. I rolled my eyes and turned my back to Clint. "Over my dead body and I getting a piggyback ride from you into a fight." Clint scoffed.

"Suite yourself," I shrugged and hurried off in the same direction the Maximoff twins had gone. I blurred past them with a cocky grin. "Keep up," I teased as I left him in the dust.