Introduction: Caeruleum

Cereus

Introduction: Caeruleum

The kingdom of Eaqimud

Ayrith village

Oloth 17th, xxxx

The People of Ayrith didn't like the night. It frightens then down to the bones. No one I mean no one can be out their houses at night.It was against the law unless you have a license. 

  To make sure the kids don't try to sneak out at night" when the sun starts to set you should be in bed "was the towns elders favorite thing to tell the townsfolk.

                   Cereus has heard a lot of stories about what happens at night like how the ghost Notis Malu terrorizes anybody she sees walking around at night for the rest of their lives, or how if you destroy the goblin Therif Metus sleep during day he comes and steals anything that he finds precious to you at night for example they said he stole Mr. Countermen's daughter because he was cutting trees to loudly in the woods, or how if you go to the lake at night the water spirit Mami Wata pulls you to the very bottom of the lake. Cereus believes that one is just to keep the little kids away from the lake. . When the town goes on lock down for the night, it's locked down tight.The windows are chained shut, the doors are bolted close, and turned off. They were completely cut off from the world of the night.

                      Today was Oloth 17th, Cereus' birthday, she was turning 16 which is the age where you are considered an adult in the kingdom of Eaqimud. She couldn't help but be excited to be finally considered an adult. At the village of Ayrith when you turn 16 a party is held, during the day of course, the townsfolk come and give you gifts, the priest wishes a blessing upon you, you can ask the mayor for a favor, and then you have cake. Cereus excited about the party of course but what she was excited about the most was asking the chief  for a favor. She was going to ask the chief for permission to travel to the capital to become an eâ nocte. 

Eâ Nocte's are people who go out and study the world of the night. Very few people actually do the job approximately there are 20 people that are considered Eâ Noctes and cereus' mom was considered one the best. Cereus was staring at the mirror in her room, she was often told she looked just like her mother. She starts to brush her hair and tries to get up in a nice crown braid, but the locks of her hair were having a war with her fingers.

"Cereus hurry up, It's almost time for your coming of age ceremony!" Shout Ayra cereus' self-proclaimed best friend. Ayra was a hyperactive person you will never catch her without a smile. She was an illegitimate daughter of a nobleman she was sent to the village, so her father wouldn't have to face shame of his drunken mistake, but Ayra doesn't care her slogan is "The less the pressure you have on you the freer you are" Cereus finds herself chuckling a the little slogan. "What's so funny Rere?" Cereus shakes her head and smiles at her friend." Nothing can you help me with my hair it wants to disobey god will and not go up into a crown braid?"    

"What's so funny Rere?" Cereus shakes her head and smiles at her friend." Nothing can you help me with my hair it wants to disobey god will and go up to crown braid?" Ayra's eyes widen with excitement she loved playing in cereus' hair it was so big, fluffy, and soft. Cereus hardly lets anybody touch her hair.

 "Etiam! Do you know how long I want to touch the big ball of cotton you call hair!" she says while hugging Cereus' head. Cereus rolls her eyes and hands Ayra the brush and she immediately start working.

" Did you hear about what happened to Prince Armod?" Cereus shake her head no." Well he snuck out the castle last night." 

Cereus eyes widen, the prince snuck out not only that at night.

" Why would he do that?" Cereus wonders out loud.

" Why wouldn't he do that? The prince has never once left outside the palace and the people of Eaqimud do not even know what the face of the prince looks like." Ayra states obvious annoyed with situation. "Anyway, the king sent out missing posters everywhere in the kingdom to help find him, but no one would go out at night to look for him so he is offering 3 million gold coins as a reward for finding his son." Both Ayra and cereus shake their heads. "Anyway enough about prince runaway whats the weather like outside?" Cereus ask. Ayra smiles gently its a nice bright shade of caeruleum."  Ayra love  caeruleum it was what the color of of her mothers eyes. The color brought peace into her soul. 

" where is your dress rere?" Ayra asks putting the last pin into cereus hair."In the closet its the blue one" Standing up to stretch her limbs.The dress was a nice dark blue. The dress was the same dress her mom wore to her own coming of age ceremony, in fact that's where her mom and dad met. Her father often compared her to the moon goddess," calling her beautiful would be an insult she was a goddess absolutely gorgeous just like the moon, her father eyes always twinkled when he talked about his wife.

Ayra helps Cereus get in her dress." Give me a twirl princess Cereus." Ayra tells Cereus in a joking manner. Cereus laughs a little bit before spinning around slowly." Did that tickle your fancy sire?" Ayra rubs her chin to make it seem like she was thinking before smiling." Very much so princess." She said deepening her voice. They both fall into fits of laughter for a good 5 minutes before trying to look calm and composed. Once they were sure they wouldn't embarrass themselves, they grab each other before heading out the cottage.