Chapter 6

'Sand in my lungs, weights in my body, I'm about to die.' My only way to stand is to use my cane as a third leg. But as much as I wanted to lay down and just let it happen... I wanted to kill Roman even more and the man that was in my way is making that urge easier to justify.

"You got guts, you know?" Dante holstered his guns before putting his hands on his hips. "So let's have bygones be bygones and -" my salvia launched itself unto the hunter's long coat. "And how about I'll spill those steel guts of yours around this rooftop." Dante's voice shook a little he tried to keep a calm voice.

lightning struck the ground near us when a huge double-edged sword fell into Dante's hand.

The Sword flew to me as Dante charged at me with a bellowing scream of anger. My cane took the brunt of the sword swing in tandem with my arms feeling sore as they braced my cane.

Dante's hair was scrunched together when my hand grabbed it as our weapons were locked together. In return, the hunter slapped down both of our weapons as we started to wrestle around on the ground when we fought for the top mount. Eventually, Dante won as he wasn't tired. Since he wasn't kicked out the only place he could call home.

My face felt sore, painful, And was starting to let go as Dante pummeled my face to into something painful. Something made me want to lay there and take it. The thoughts of Blake ashamed of me, being kicked out of the only place I could sleep with a roof over my head, an innocent girl died in my arms. I just wanted not to live. I almost smiled thinking on how I didn't have to worry about anything at all.

Suddenly it stopped. All the bashing and thrashing just stopped. "I'm not gonna kill you." Sonar took a few seconds to finally describe the world to me again. "I'm noting like that." Dante had his back turned to me as his hands were gently massaging his own head. "I'm better than that." Dante just whispered to himself.

The hunter approached me as his hand was stretched out. But being bitter and stubborn I didn't take his hand, I just laid there. That is until Dante tried to pick me up only for me to push him away.

"C'mon man. Just let me help you."

"... You should have killed me."

"Now that's just not a way talk."

"You need to kill me."

"Not gonna happen, pal." Dante giggled.

Just hearing Dante laugh and just act like there's nothing serious happening made me envy him little. "If you don't kill me I'll do something awful. Something I might regret."

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'm going to find Roman Torchwick. I'm gonna beat him, suffocate him, and bury him..."

Dante's seemed to snicker. "Haha, man I'd love to see that on TV."

"So are you going to get out of my way then?"

"I sure will." As I walked past Dante, the constant smug look on his face disappeared. "Just try not to kill anyone else, alright?" I paid no mind to his words as he shouted, "don't go down that road, you might not turn back!"

"If you're so worried why don't you stop me?"

"Yeah I want him dead but... I'm not like that anymore."

"How was it like? Being like that?"

Dante looks to the ground. "I just like to pretend that it was someone else." The hunter looked up to the sky with a million-dollar smile. "Compared to nowadays, it probably is."

Without another word, I just ran across the buildings of Vale going for Vale's Kitchen. The cold air made me shiver, almost felt like it was trying to violate my whole body. It wanted to stop me, just like everyone else in my life.

It wasn't too hard to find Frank since he lived in the same apartment the last time I was in Vale's kitchen. He had a small family, even smaller when you add in the fact that his wife died during childbirth. Rumor has it that his son was given birth to feet first and died from lack of oxygen.

Would've felt bad for him if not for the fact I didn't care at the time. I just wanted to get this over with.

"Wake up honey." A distorted female voice calls out in the living room. So distorted, it was probably from a bad TV reception.

Two cold bowls of ramen that are about to freeze are layed out on a small four-person TV dinner table. The only noticeable sound in the apartment was Frank's old TV just cutting in and out with the contrasting broadcasts being some old crappy sitcom I used to watch when I was younger and pure static. As I entered through the cracked windowsill, I could finally hear something more grading than old sitcoms and crackling white noise, Franks constant snoring, and a few coughing fits to interrupt it.

"Oh honey, you know how much I hate 'wake up calls?'" The TV chirps up as I grab Frank by the collar and throw him against the floor.

Frank eyes shoot open in surprise. "Why do you hate them so much, Howard?" Then become frightful as they focus on me.

"Because I always have a dream that I win the lottery when someone wakes me up."  A crackled laugh track drones throughout l the small apartment.

Frank gags a bit when my thumb pushes itself against his larynx. "It's your lucky night Frank. I get to see how good you are at singing tonight."

"What do you want?" Frank whimpers in compliance.

"I want to know where Roman Torchwick is."

"He's supposed to be going under Vale in those old tunnels, planning something big. I-it's supposed to happen by tomorrow morning. " The wolf Funnuas started to wriggle around from my vice grip.

"How come you're not joining?"

"W-what Roman said sounded like mass genocide in the streets. T-too much risk just for some money." Frank starts to gasp for air as I let go of his neck. "Now leave!" Frank yelled at me but I still stood still. "Didn't you hear me? You some kind of human?"

"Yeah..."

"Get out before I..."

I put my billy clubs together into a cane which made shut Frank shut up like a good boy. "Did you think that when you killed a man named Redgrave? Did you think to yourself 'he's just a human, not a Funnuas?'"

The program on the TV cut in again as a stock audience reaction cut in. "Oooooh."

"(Y/N)...?"

"That's me."

The TV blares out. "Now why do I need to take out the dog?" Frank kicked my shins in a struggle to get me away from me.

"Because I'll make sure the dog goes on your favorite chair if you don't get off your lazy rump, Howard." The wolf Faunus' hand desperately tried to grab a knife from the TV dinner table.

Frank's heart Jackhammered as I cracked my cane across his fingers that were holding the knife.

"Do you know what they say about dogs, honey?" Chopping my cane at Frank's shins like an ax, he falls to the ground with a yell from both him dropping to the floor and his broken shins.
"A dog's a dog," my cane slid behind Frank's neck. "Even when it loses one leg or two, a dog is a dog at the end of the day." My boot slammed down on the wolf Funnuas' larynx for one last time. "Oh Fido, did you just go on the chair while I was talking?" Frank only gargled for a minute or so until his lungs struggled for oxygen, until his heart went still, until his body stopped to moving.

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha." The laugh track played one last time as the TV cut to pure static again.

Standing over the corpse of Frank I felt... Nothing. I only felt tired.

A door creaked open from behind me.

A ball hit the floor along with someones shaking knees.

"Dad?" By the sound of the voice and heartbeat that was emanating from behind, it came from a boy that was no older than me.

Exiting the window sill I came through to get in, I could only think, maybe I'm just like the bullies from my old neighborhood.