3 - Opportunity

Midoriya's POV

                 "Very well Shigaraki... If I won't be useless like you say, then I'll join you." Shigaraki just smiled at me, and I was certain that he was somewhat shocked that I just agreed. 

                 "Good choice kid, but I'm afraid there will be one last test you have to pass." I raised my eyebrow in curiosity. He continued. "You'll need to die." My eyes widened at that statement. I could feel myself crying again as I was just both confused and angry, thinking it was just a cruel joke. Shigaraki just saw me before he explained. "This serves a ton of purposes. One being to fake your death, two being to prove your dedication, and three..." I looked up to him again to see him pulling a syringe out of his pocket. "... So you can unlock it's powers." He said as he held up the syringe. I was now only confused. What's in that syringe that could give me power? Shigaraki must have been reading my mind.

                "This... is the culmination of all of Sensei's research over the decades. He calls it the 'Progenitor Virus'. Once it's unlocked, you will be given superhuman abilities, just like your precious little quirk, only better." I couldn't believe this. There was no way. 

               "T-There's no way something like that is too good to be true. What's the catch?" Shigaraki just shook his head and sighed. 

             "In order to unlock it's abilities, you need to die. It's so it can work it's way into your system or some other biology shit." Shigaraki said. At least that made sense. "If you do it, you will be given an extra life when it engulfs you, which takes at least a few hours. Another catch being is that you will lose your humanity, at the cost of becoming a God." He said laughing now. 

          "W-Why d-don't you just use it? Y-you are his successor after all." Shigaraki frowned at this. 

         "As much as I would love to, I can't. It will only work on quirkless people for God knows why. Enough of this." He walked over to me and placed the syringe in my hand. "If you want to be useful again; take this shot... and then hurl yourself over the edge. In a few hours you will be reborn like a phoenix emerging from the flame." I looked down at the syringe. It was just a normal one with a green liquid going through it. I looked back up at Shigaraki, only to see no one there. I couldn't move. Millions of thoughts were going into my head. Would this actually work? Lose my humanity? I already tried and figured it was a can't lose. If I die I die, if I don't I'll be useful to something. I just went with my gut and stuck it in my neck. I felt the liquid pouring into my body as I pushed down on the plunger. I ripped it out and dropped it onto the ground. No going back now. I walked over to the ledge and took my shoes off. I had a small note-card in my pocket and decided to inscribe a final note to everyone. 

                  "I will be useful in the next life. Goodbye Small Might, thanks for nothing you lying hypocrite." 

                 "Kaachan, enjoy One For All. You're gonna need it."

                 "Uraraka, I loved you, but you gave up on me. Goodbye.

                "Mom, You gave up on me too. You looked at me like you did when I found out I was quirkless. Disgusting."

                "Class 1-A, you all pitied me. I'll make sure that never happens again."

             I set the note in the shoes and stood over the edge. Time for a whole new life hopefully. If not oh well. I took one final breath as I heard shouting from the ground. Some student saw me and more are coming out. OK. Now I have an audience. I stepped off the ledge and began to fall, this time with no portal to stop me. I knew I was going fast, but I could feel time going so slowly. That whole thing about life flashing before your eyes was true. A life of pity and uselessness. I smiled as I made it close to the ground. I looked at some of the kids who were watching. I saw Uraraka, on the ground, crying. Sorry, Uraraka... was the last thing I thought before...

BLACK

Uraraka's POV

               It was a relief when class finally ended. I've really been out of it ever since Deku had to leave. I always felt like he made these classes worth it. Any challenge was possible as long as he was there with me. As I was walking out, I could hear several people shouting while pointing towards the roof. My heart immediately dropped as that could mean only one thing. I ended up running out the doors and immediately looked up. My eyes widened even more when I saw Deku on the edge of the building. This had to be a joke right? I was proven wrong when I saw him lean forward and fall. I then realized that I had tears in my eyes as I collapsed onto the ground. I looked up at Deku and swore he looked at me while smiling. It was then we all heard a massive splat and we all turned away from the splash zone. I didn't care about it and just ran to him, clinging on to the hope that he was still alive. Upon laying eyes on him, he obviously wasn't. I knelled down and just began sobbing even more than before. I just kept crying and screaming his name out loud. I was even sobbing on his corpse while I was hugging it. I didn't want this to be true. I eventually felt a firm hand on my shoulder, which turned out to be Bakugou as he pulled me away from the scene. I tried to resist but he overpowered me. I then witnessed an ambulance and a few police cars pull up to the front of the school. In minutes they had the entire crime scene marked with the emergency workers moving Deku's body onto the ambulance. Once it had, it sped off only leaving the puddle of blood surrounded by tape. The scene eventually cleared, with everyone being forced back to their dorms. I only remained now, with Bakugou and my classmates still comforting me. I just couldn't believe he... was gone. First his future now his life... ITS NOT FAIR! WHY HIM! WHY NOT A VILLAIN! I too was eventually forced back to the dorms as the police continued their investigation.