5 - Grief

One month has passed in a blur, as the news of Izuku's death spread throughout UA.

Despite the pain that still lingered, classes resumed the week after the incident. Everyone shuffled into the classroom like they always would and filled their seats. They would all go on with their normal lives, all except for one. All it took was one glance at his former desk to make everyone cringe. These thoughts were pushed aside as Aizawa made his way inside to begin the day. Everyone took note that he seemed off today. Not only was he down, but he also looked disturbed. It was as if he had seen a ghost.

"Good morning class." He began, trying to hide his emotion. "I have some news that affects you all as a class." He shuddered before continuing. "Class 1-A will be receiving a new student effective immediately." Everyone's eyes widened as he said this, unable to believe the news.

"What is it, Mr. Aizawa?" Uraraka asked anxiously, as she didn't like her teacher's vibe. Aizawa once again cringed before answering.

"Well..." He stated. "A new student will be joining 1-A starting today." As expected, the news was met with a mix of shock and excitement. He was both surprised and slightly relieved, but the shock he had was still on his mind. He silenced his class before continuing. "Yes. Class 1-A will be receiving a new transfer student due to diversity or some crap. His name is Yamikumo Wesker." He paused and took a breath. "When you meet him, he may look similar to someone you may have once known, so bear that in mind." Everyone was confused before they heard the door open. "You can come in now, Wesker."

As soon as he said that, everyone turned their heads towards the door in a sudden sense of curiosity. What greeted them was a sight that made even made Todoroki's jaw drop. Leaning against the door was a tall, well built young man in a modified school uniform. Rather than wearing a white uniform shirt like the other students, he was wearing a black one. He had long black hair that wanted to puff out, yet was tamed and slicked back to a degree. The strangest part to his attire was a pair of opaque black sunglasses that hid his eyes from view. Despite all the differences, Aizawa was right. He looked extremely similar to someone they all knew and loved. Everyone stayed silent as he approached the middle of the front of the room.

"Greetings. as you may already, I am Yamikumo Wesker. Although I prefer to go by the latter." He flashed a smirk as he readjusted his glasses.

"Alright then." Aizawa finally spoke. "You may take the seat 18, It shouldn't be that hard to find." He said, looking at the one between Bakugou and Mineta. Wesker smirked once again.

"Thanks teach." He said, as he began walking to it. He sat down and immediately decided to let out a yawn before putting his legs up. Some gasps were let out, yet no one said a word. The new kid decided to try to up the ante. "Jeez..." He started. "It's a ghost town here. Who died?" At that sarcastic question, did things finally break. Uraraka let all the pent up sorrow out as she began sobbing uncontrollably. Wesker looked at her in confusion, and his smirk instantly vanished. He looked around to see the entire class staring at him, mixes of surprise and anger contorted upon their faces. He then looked to Aizawa, who just gave a tired sigh.

             "... I'm guessing you haven't heard then, Wesker." He said, adjusting his posture. "The student you replaced is no longer with us." Wesker immediately took on a look of grief, and then turned to Uraraka, looking at her in shame.
              "I apologize... I had no idea." He said, a cooling tone mixed into his voice. She looked up at him, only to see the darkness lying in his glasses. He took her hands into his, and it was when she noticed a faint red glow coming from behind them. It left her with chills down her spine.
                "No... it's ok, really" She said, trying to pull herself together. "It's not your fault, you didn't know." He smiled warmly this time, giving her a sense of ease.

               "Alright then." Aizawa continued. "Today we have combatives training at Site Gamma. Student vs. Student." Everyone got excited when he said that, eager to show off what they've been working on. Wesker just leaned back in his desk, giving off a confident yet menacing aura. "Wesker, has your hero suit been prepared?" the teacher asked. 

                "Yes, it is monsieur." Wesker replied smirking. "Let's get this over with." He said as the red outline appeared more from behind his glasses. Only Uraraka seemed to notice it this time, but something struck out to her, having been reminded of someone who had comforted her a very long time ago.

                 "... Have I met him before..?.."