For the Kids: Geoff Wigington

Every since the first day of freshman year, you and your friends had identified yourself as the "mom" of the group. The role just stuck but you didn't care. Even if you were seniors now.

You were always the friend that had an extra charger or a stick of gum. Always the friend to make you put in your seatbelt or wear a jacket.

But like a mom, you dealt with a lot of stress. Whether it was trying to stop Jawn from beating up someone, or having to calm Awsten's hyperactive ass down, you were frequently stressed out.

So when Geoff decided to step up and became the "dad" of the group, you were appreciative of him trying to lend a hand. He help you with the "kids" and unknowingly lifting a ton of weight off your shoulders.

Geoff was so nice and funny. Always having snacks for when Otto starts bitching that he's hungry in 4th period, or buying whole pack of red pens for Travis to use for grading. Geoff was always there to help you out whether you needed it or not.

But best of all, Geoff would be there to help you out. He would let you rant about your day to him and comfort you constantly. Geoff would tell everyone to back off of you were having a bad day and ask why you were feeling bad. He would come to school with a king size Hersheys bar and coffee when you were craving. Geoff was there when you needed him the most.

So it was only natural when feelings started to arise. It's just, he was so kind and loving and cared for you so much, probably more than you cared for yourself. But Geoff meant everything to you and you didn't want to risk ruining your friendship over some feelings.

"How much longer til lunch?" Otto complains, looking at the clock like it'll explode any second. Geoff tosses him a Milky Way.

"We got 5 minutes so stop complaining" Geoff scolds as Otto rapidly unwrap the chocolate bar.

You pulled out a pack of Extra gum. Awsten and Travis quickly grabbing a stick. I roll my eyes.

You felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"May I have one?" Geoff asks politely .

"Yes, Geoff you may and thank you for asking." You direct the last part toward Awsten and Travis.

"No problem, Y/N/N (YOUR NICKNAME) . Geoff says right as the bell rings.

Otto almost immediately sprints off but you wait for Geoff as he packs his things.

"So I was thinking," Geoff states as you both walk out of the class, "and please don't laugh or judge me."

"I won't " you say, urging him to continue.

"It's just." Geoff mumbles quietly, brushing a strand of his short brown hair out of the way.

"Yes."

Geoff fidgets, "God, why is this hard to say?"

"Just tell me Jeff." You say jokingly and smile as Geoff 's nose scrunches up.

"I mean, you're the mom of the group and I'm the dad soo maybe we should get together. You know, for the kids. " He says softly.

You stand there trying to collect your thoughts as the run all over the place. Geoff just asked you out. How is this happening. You're dreaming aren't you.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry. Shit, I um- I. You know, just forget I said anything." Geoff says, walking forward .

You grab his hand and pull him back. Slowly, you wrap your arms around his neck and whisper, " I think that's a good idea, you know for the kids. "

Geoff looks at you with gleaming eyes before pressing his lips into yours.

You take in the feel of his lips. How they're so soft and warm. You both pull apart and just look at each other.

You walk to the cafeteria holding hands. Awsten see this and says, "Well it's about time our parents get together."

You both laugh.

~•~•~•~•~•
Soo what did you think. I decided to make this one shot book because there will be slow updates with other things that I have and I didn't want to just not give you any content.

If you want to request an idea or what I should write next, you can comment here or private message me.

- Kat