A New Ally

Hello fellow Wattpaders. (I don't think that's the term)

So here is another update on another Wednesday that was a miracle that I actually finished it.

Quick update: I think that I might have sprained my finger. We are going to the doctors tomorrow, but if it is sprained then updates might cease for a period of time. (Just because it would be hard to type with a bandaged finger.)

Thanks you so much!

TA TA FOR NOW!

-The Author

*_*

"Boom!"

My eyes flew wide opened. What was that sound?

I found myself laying on the ground. I slowly sat up, my head felt light. I looked around. It appears that there had been an explosion. My tube was no longer there. A short distance away, both my father and Nerd-boy were passed out on the control panel. Behind me, I observed that there was a hole in the wall. No guards were in the general proximity, and I discovered that they were preoccupied with something else.
It was the perfect opportunity to escape.  

I slowly stood. Wobbling slightly on my feet. I gazed around once more, to gather my bearings and to reevaluate the room. I jogged to the opening, and gazed around the clearing, checking for anyone. I continued to jog into the woods.
Once I had walked some distance inside of the woods, I spotted a tree, and climbed into it. I sat, thinking that the guards might be looking for me. I noticed that my mouth felt dry.

I needed water, but there was no way to get some. I will just have to make due with nothing.

I rearranged the branches of the tree so that I was completely hidden. There was nothing else I could do. I waited, not moving an inch.

Something moved. I heard a slight rustle of branches, a soft crunching of leaves. It sounded as though several people were slinking through the trees, trying not to get caught. I slowed my breathing, moving slightly so that I could barely see the ground below.

Three dark figures traveled through my vision. It was hard to make out, but after squinting my eyes I could identify them. At the front, the obvious leader was Nightwing. Directly behind him, was Blue Beetle, a recent objective of the Light for some reason. Then, at the rear of the group, I could spot Beast Boy, his green skin almost blending into the foliage below. They were obviously trying to break into the warehouse.

Maybe I could help them. It would be my chance to finally help someone. If I succeeded, the heroes would trust me, and I might have a place to stay. If I failed, I could always tell my father that I was trying to lead the heroes into a trap. Nevertheless, it was better than staying here.

I jumped down from the the tree, and landed behind the unsuspecting heroes. I was immediately met with two Escrima sticks, a large plasma blaster, and one huge, green, lion.

This might have been a bad idea.

Nightwing was the first to relax slightly. He disarmed his Escrima sticks, and the other superheroes did the same. Beast Boy was the first to speak.

"What is a girl like you doing out here?" I was questioned by the Green Bean.

I folded my arms over my chest and stared down at the Green Bean. "I'm older than you little Dummkopf." ("Idiot" in German) I smirked, know that the little Green Gremlin didn't understand what I had said. I noticed that Nightwing gave me a look, but I ignored him.

"Woah, calm down amigo." Blue Beetle said, attempting to keep the peace. He then titled his head to the side. "How did you get out here anyways?"

"No soy tu amigo y no tengo la obligación de responder tu pregunta. De hecho, debería preguntarte lo mismo." ("I am not your friend, and I have no obligation to answer your question. In fact, I should be asking you the very same thing." in Spanish) I replied, staring down at the Blue Abomination.

I could tell the Blue Beetle was trying to hold back his anger.

This wasn't going well. I came down to help, and now I've enraged two superheroes. Not exactly going to plan, but I just couldn't help but tease. Plus, it's not like I'm ever going to see them again anyways.

I wondered why Nightwing kept silent, with an even gaze, but I blew it off as nothing.

"Ok, let's get down to the chase." I stated flatly, ignoring the glares of the two younger superheroes, and looking directly at Nightwing. "I would like to help. I happened to be in the area, and I sort of know my way around this place. I can help you get in, get out, and so forth." I then unfold my arms. "If this is another one of your "recon" missions," I drew my hand into a quotation marks, "then I can help you avoid the guards." I folded my arms once again, awaiting my answer.

Nightwing sighed, the first thing I had heard from him all night. "If you would allow Ms.Martin to examine your mind for anything suspicious, then I'll let you, but if she finds something, or you refuse, then we will have to take you into custody." He folded his arms as well, mimicking me.

I rolled my eyes, and unfolded my arms, moving them to my hips. "Oh sure, if one doesn't want their very own brain being hacked then they must be a villain." I sighed. "It's a deal, or whatever." I continued to put-up my nonchalant front.

Suddenly, another Green Blob appeared in front of me, except this one was taller and a female. I noticed that she had red hair like mine.

Oh well, this is going to suck.

She had a high voice, that was secretly annoying to me, but I showed no indication of it. "I'm going to go into your mind. You have to open it up to me so that you don't get hurt."
I rolled my eyes again, starting to store away some memories that might be harmful. "Just do it already." I could sense the anger coming at me from all directions.

I felt a presence start to weave it's way through my mind. I purposely resisted for a couple seconds, before I relaxed, and let her in. I strategically led her away from "suspicious" things. Eventually, I could feel her presence partially retreat. She did remain in my primary language part of the brain. I know the technical term, but I'm just too lazy to tell you.

Ms. Martin spoke into my mind. "I'm going to put you on a mind link with the rest of the team." I could feel multiple presences in my brain now.

I heard Nightwing's voice ring through the mind link. "We have a new ally."