{40} Orochimaru's Death & The Rumor Of Sasuke

A few days after Sora's arrival, nothing serious had occured. I kept an eye on Naruto and spent time with Kakashi and Tsunade. Things were quiet, but sooner or later I will have to leave and continue on with my mission.

Looking for the other tailed beasts and other Akatsuki hideouts. If I am lucky, I won't have to run into them. Being captured was enough for me. I will not let that happen again. 

Right now, I'm in Kakashi house, reading a book to understand humans better, while Kakashi is behind me, holding me in his arms. "Do you really have to read a book to understand humans?" Kakashi asks me. 

"Unless you have a better idea of how to understand human emotions and other sorts, I would like to hear them. But, this is the best I can do for now. It is a lot better than reading those perverted books you have stashed around." I remark, making Kakashi blush and flinch. 

"Y-You know about that?!" 

"Yes. I have always noticed you reading those books, written by Jiraiya, and you do not seem to get your face out of it. Also, I read one of them."

"Huh!?" Kakashi holds me closer as he hides his face in my shoulder. "How much have you read? . . ."

"The whole series. It is. . .interesting in some ways. Some parts are romantic, but the rest is dramatic. I don't see how can anyone enjoy a book like that, or even write about it. Jiraiya truly is a pervert." 

Kakashi sighs but ends up chuckle as I do the same. My impression of Kakashi has no changed, even if he does decide to read perverted books. "So. . .when do you have to leave?" 

"Somewhere today. There are other Jincuriki's out there and need my help. But, before I can do that, I will have to pay a visit to the ones I have saved. Will you be alright when I am gone?" 

"As long as you come home, that's all that matters to me." Kakashi kisses my cheek, making me smile with a tint blush on my face. 

"Thank you, Kakashi. Without you, I don't think I would have ever felt something like this. . ." I snuggle into Kakashi's arms while whispering this. 

"What makes you say that?" He questions. 

"As a child, I felt nothing when my father was alive. I would smile, laugh, and cherish every moment with him, but not feel towards humans. Even after my father's death, I was still confused about how the way humans would feel. With every human I have faced, I could not understand how they felt every time I would interrogate, hurt, and kill them. 

Even when they begged me for mercy, I still couldn't feel a thing for humans. My children were my only concerns and nobody else. But, when I met you and got to understood you, I started to feel something that I thought I would never feel for a human. 

Love. 

Thanks to you, I see a different point of view of humans even if they do act differently. So, thank you, Kakashi." I look up at him and softly smile at him. 

"You're welcome, Akari." Kakashi gives me one last hug before I leave. I exit out of his house and do the Reverse Teleportation Jutsu to get to the other dimension where I have the tailed beast and their host. 

"Oi, Akari. Welcome back." Yagura smiles at me when he sees me appear out of nowhere. "Are you okay? Your scythe. It-" 

"I know. I ran out of chakra when I got captured by the Akatsuki. The Leader of the organization, Pein, used a Black Receiver to take away my chakra completely. Therefore, I was weak and could not summon my scythe at the time." 

"How did you escape?" Kokuo questions while he lowers his head to me at eye level.

"Itachi Uchiha helped me escaped. He carried me out of the hideout and place me somewhere where the Akatsuki wouldn't find me. I am not sure why he helped me, yet I am not sure if there is a reason." 

"Is this the same Itachi Uchiha who I fought years ago?" Yagura raises an eyebrow, and I nod my head, yes. Many years ago, Yagura fought Itachi Uchiha with another partner by his side. Yagura unlocked his tailed beast to defend himself until a black flame, Amaterasu, had caught to him, almost weakening him. I managed to grab Yagura and get him out of there before he could be taken. Since then, Yagura and I have been close. Like a sibling relationship. 

"I am not sure why he would help me, but I do not want to find out. Not at the moment. Anyway, I am off to find more tailed beast and bring them here. Take care, all of you." I say this to Yagura, Isobu, Roshi, Son Goku, and Kokuo. 

All that leaves is Killer Bee and Gyuki, Saiken and Utakata, and Fu and Chomei. Gaara and Shukaku will be fine along with Naruto and Kurama. Sadly, Watanabe and Yugito are no longer here because I have failed them. . .

"Good luck, Lady Akari." Son Goku bows. 

"Thank you, Akari." Roshi does the same. I smile at them and use the Teleportation Jutsu to get where I need to go. I will start with Fu and Chomei. I have not met them yet. I only hope that the Akatsuki has not gotten to them yet. 

Before I go on my way, I hear a bell chime for only my ears to hear. A bell that calls to me from whoever rings it. But it is not from Kankuro and Temari that I gave them 2 years ago. In my surprise, it's from Sasuke. 

I wonder what he needs me for. 

'I should go see what he wants. It would be rude for me to ignore it.' I tell myself this while raising my scythe in the air as lightning strikes down on me, transporting me to the person who rang the bell. 

I appear in the middle of a hallway by the burst of lightning, but do not see Sasuke anywhere. However, I do see a dimly lit room down the hall on my left side. 

Being curious with this sort, I slowly walk down the hall towards the bedroom, and see a giant snake's head, that looks like Orochimaru's creation, on the floor, lying in a pool of blood. But this chakra. . . It feels familiar. 

Is this. . . Orochimaru!? 

What happened? 

I do not understand. If this is Orochimaru, then where is Sasuke? "Sasuke killed Orochimaru. . ." I turn around and see Kabuto at the doorway with a sad expression. So Sasuke was the one who did this? Did he finally understand Orochimaru's plan for him? About using his body? 

"Sasuke did this? Then, where is he?" I ask Kabuto. I cannot say I am thrilled to see him because of what happened in the past. . . it is something I can never forget. If somebody, or anybody, hurts one of my children, they are forever on my bad side. 

"Sasuke is gone. He ran off with a test subject, Suigestu Hozuki. I don't know where he's going, but it has something to do with finally getting revenge on his brother, Itachi Uchiha." Kabuto explains while adjusting his glasses. Why am I not surprised? 

Good grief, Sasuke. What a stubborn child you are. . . But you are my stubborn child. But where are you going and why take a test subject with you? Why summon me? Do you want me to find you? What is your plan now? No. . . The question I should be asking myself is,

Who should I go to first? 

Fu and Chomei, or Sasuke? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~