Hospital

Hey guys!! I keep forgetting to update my DWP stories on here, because I always update them on FF Net first. Anyway, there's not much to say in this author's note....

Read. Enjoy. Review.

As soon as I heard the thud and screaming coming from the area of my office, my heart dropped to my stomach. I told Nigel, "Call security and hurry please!" Then I ran to my office area, in 5 inch Prada heels, only to be blocked by a desk that had been flipped over and thrown across the room. It was Andrea's desk.

I looked up from the desk to see Irv screaming obscenities and beating Andrea into a bloody mess. The sight made me loose a gut-wrenching sob. I felt Nigel come up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder and I was too focused on trying to figure out how to move the desk and too focused on getting to my girlfriend, to even register him doing so.

The only thing that did register a minute later, was when I seen that he had managed to move that desk. As soon as Nigel did so, I rushed to Andrea's side and dropped to my knees, pulling her head into my lap, I whispered, "I need you to stay awake Darling. Please."

However, Andrea was only semi concious and had completely passed out as the EMT's gently pryed her from my arms.

Once she was placed on the stretcher, the one EMT, looked at me and it was a look of sympathy. "Alright Miss. You can hitch a ride with us in the ambulance. Any particular hospital ya want her sent to?"

"Presbyterian." I whispered.

*Time Skip: 2 Hours*

In the time since we've arrived at the hospital, I have given my statement to police. Told them I was in Nigel's office when I heard a thud and how I ran towards it. Told them how I had seen Irv, beat her to a bloody mess while screaming obscenities towards her hat I'd rather not repeat.

I was thinking deeply about what had happened, when there was a knock on the door.

"Hello, Miranda. It's nice to see you again, though I wish it were over better circumstances."

Oh thank goodness, it was Kathrine Holt. She has been my friend for the better part of 20 years. "Yes, Kathy. I suppose even in these circumstances, it is nice to see you too. Now what can you tell me about my girlfriend's injuries and condition?"

Apparently, I had been in such a daze, that I hadn't a clue what tests they did and what not, in the past few hours. I didn't even know that Kathy was Andrea's attending physician.

"Well Miranda." pausing to look down at her clipboard, she sighed, "The injuries were not as bad as we initially thought. Andrea has sustained a few cracked ribs and the muscles on her neck and torso are strained a little and will be painful for the next few weeks. As for her ankle, she just fractured her growth plate so, she will need a soft cast or if she'd rather, an ace wrap or two would be fine. Since she is a fully grown adult, it won't take more than a week or two for it to completely heal. And, don't worry, she will wake up in a few hours, the mild sedative is slowly leaving her system."

Thank the Lord above, that my darling was relatively unscathed. I did have one question, it was a question about something that Andrea and I haven't told anyone about, not even Caroline and Cassidy.

As if my friend could read my mind, she said, "Before you even ask me, Miranda, everything is okay. You have my word, that not a single thing will be said about yours and Andrea's secret."

I am beyond relief that everything is okay with our secret. Andrea and I would be beside ourselves if something had happened.

Looking over to where my girlfriend layed, I was kind of shocked to see how at peace she looked, especially after Irv's rampage.

Since Andrea was still sound asleep, I decided to call Nigel and give him an update and have him stay at the town house to look after the twins.

'Hey Miranda. How is Six?'

'Well Nigel, the injuries Andrea sustained weren't as bad as the doctor thought. She has a few cracked ribs, the muscles in her neck and torso are a little strained and will be sore for awhile and, on her left ankle she has a fractured growth plate.'

'Oooh, poor Six. Is there anything I can do for you?'

'Yes, could you pick up the girls and stay with them at the townhouse? Tell them what happened, but don't go into details.'

'I can do that. Is there anything else you need me to do?'

'Mmm. Yes. Will you have Emily bring Andrea and I some comfortable clothes?'

'Let me text Emily that I'm leaving for the day and I'll tell her to bring some clothes to you.'

'Alright then, thank you, Nigel. Tell the twins I'll call them later. That's all.'

Just as I hung up my cellphone, Andrea started to wake up.

"Mir...Miranda? Wh...what hap..happened?"