Chapter 37: Operation in Order

"So, once the areas here are cut off by all our men, we'll swoop in and get the job done." Glenn said, concluding the plan. I sighed before shifting onto one foot. I was strangely nervous about all of this. But no because I was scared of death.

But because I thought everything would change. And I really didn't want it to....

I looked up at Glenn and Abe. All of this started because they knew of such sins their father's had committed, and now they were trying to shut them up.

My eyes travelled to Glenn's, and I could tell he was curious as to why I looked distress. "Are you okay?" He asked, walking over to me. I nodded, feeling quite embarrassed.

"After this, we'll be happy, right? Nothing will hurt us?" I asked, my eyes mirroring all my emotions.

Abe smiled as he joined the two of us. "Oh please. Once we win, everything will be so peaceful, you'll hate it."

"I doubt that."

Abe laughed before sighing. "It'll be fine. Once they're out of the picture, We'll be able to go back home."

"Back home?!" I asked, excitedly. The two nodded, and I felt y heart thump. After we came here, I missed the old mansion we one quarreled in. Old memories rushed in, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Geez, all you three do is flirt." Blade joked as he entered the room. "You're starting to annoy me."

Glenn laughed. "Don't be jealous." He replied with a smile.

"I'll try not to."

Klein laughed out loud before running over to me. "Just to be clear, I'm better than all these men, right?" He asked, a joking smile on his lips.

I smiled before turning my head. "Nope. I dislike you the most." Klein's smile dropped as he tilted his head.

"No way! Come on Gabe!" He cooed as Glenn and Abe laughed.
"I'm just kidding." I said, unable to lie to Klein. "You're my favorite."

This time, Glenn and Abe seemed surprised. "No way!" They said, as if in sync. Blade and Klein began to laugh as I smiled.

This.... is what I wanted.

I wanted everyone to be happy. Everyone to laugh and joke. But... will it be the same after everything?

I sure hope it does....

"Anyway, back to the plan." Abe said before looking down. He began to point out key information as we all listened.

"Don't mess this up." He finally concluded as he looked at the rest of us strictly.

"We won't." Blade assured him. His eyes seemed to be dark as he corded his arms. "We'll make sure those bastards get what they deserve."

"Alrighty, now we'll talk about where Gabe and Jack will hide."
Abe continued, but that only made me interrupt him.

"Wait! I'm not coming with you?" I asked, a little horrified. The four heads turned to me. "Why would you? It's too dangerous." Glenn reasoned.

My eyes widened. "But.... what if you guys get hurt?" I asked, avoiding their gazes.

Glenn began to laugh, surprising me even more. "Why would we get hurt? We have allies that are unimaginably strong. We have a motive. We have someone waiting for us. Nothing will happen."

My head cocked to the side. "What? Someone waiting for you?" I asked, a little unsure as to what he meant. He rolled his eyes.

"You silly."

"Me?" I whispered pathetically. My eyes began to water, and honestly, I wasn't surprised.

"Why're you crying? Do you hate us that much?" Abe joked as he approached me. I shook my head as I wiped away the tears.

"I'm.... just so happy." I said, a faint smile appearing on my lips. Abe smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. Trust us. We'll protect you." He assured me.

I nodded. "I trust you."

It was strange to me. As a gangster, tears were a sign of weakness. So I never cried. But now, all I ever did was cry. And I couldn't help it. I had bottled up what emotion I had and sealed it.

But now I felt free.

"Well, let's decide. Who do we really on to protect them?" Abe asked. Klein shrugged. "I could tell my team." He offered.

But Glenn rejected the idea. "They're too necessary for the plan." He explained. Klein sighed. "How about... my brother?" He asked, as if he dreaded the word.

"Nope. He's also a big part of the plan." Abe said, his arms crossed. That's when Blade smiled.

"Guys, I know someone perfect." He said, a smirk appearing on his lips. The three glanced at him, curious.

"Bullet."

I stared at them, confused. "Who?"
Glenn and Abe smiled. "She's perfect."

"Wait who's Bullet?" I asked again. Blade only smiled. "She's my sister."

"You know, I wasn't going to say anything, but I'd like to point out that your parents didn't want kids. They wanted weapons." I pointed out.

Blade laughed. "We didn't have any parents."

This made me stare at him in silence. I'm a rude piece of shit.

"Oh." I answered, feeling stupid. "I'm sorry." I said.

But Blade shook his head. "We killed them." My eyes widened as I peered into his brown orbs.

"Uhh... why?" I asked, a little afraid of his answer.

"Let's just say they were a bit.... controlling." He replied. I stared at him before looking down.

"Oh."

"Anyway, We'll call Bullet over. Do you know where she is at the moment?" Abe asked, resting his elbows on the table.

Blade nodded. "She's on a mission in Germany, but she'll be back soon."

They nodded before sending knowing smiles at each other. "She's definitely right for the job."

I smiled as I watched them discuss issues, though I wasn't really listening.

"Alright, the operation starts in one week. We'll be ready, and we'll win this war." Glenn said, a large grin reassuring me.

"Yeah. Let's do this. Operation kill those bastards is now in order."