011

Kihyun and Hoseok spend their first night together as roommates.

----------

Before he shuts the door to their bedroom, Hoseok takes one last look out into the hallway to be sure that the other members are all in their rooms for the night. The entire dorm is dark and quiet, and if he focuses, he can hear the soft sounds of the others as they wind down for the evening; the hum of quiet bedtime chatter, the rush of water running in one of the bathrooms, the creak of someone stepping on one of the loose floorboards, the faint sound of soothing music.

He gently pushes the door closed with a click, everything muffled to silence, closing the room off from the world and everything in it, and he leans up against the door's back, against the cool, smooth wood, closing his eyes and letting out a deep sigh, the breath working through his entire body, all the way down to his toes in a rush.

Finally, they're all alone.

He opens his eyes after a moment, and they immediately find Kihyun's.

The light is dimmed, and Kihyun is already lying on the bed. On their bed. They had begged their manager for one large double instead of two singles, and their manager had acquiesced, hadn't asked any questions, but had looked suspicious and unconvinced when they claimed that it was because they wanted to save space in their relatively small bedroom.

It's a simple double bed, but it's comfortable and cozy and though he's yet to actually sleep in it (tonight will be the first time), it's already Hoseok's favorite place in the entire world.

Hoseok feels trapped in Kihyun's gaze for a moment, locked into him, Kihyun looking up at Hoseok from underneath his dark eyelashes, his deep brown eyes bright and expectant, pulling Hoseok in close and not letting him go. He's wearing one of Hoseok's shirts and nothing else, lying on top of the blanket of their perfectly-made bed, his legs stretched out in front of him, his hands gripping the comforter on either side of him loosely, his head propped up by a few fluffy pillows stacked up on top of each other. The natural pout to his lips makes him look impatient, his mouth pink and wet and slightly open, his cheeks tinted with soft, rosy color. He's fresh out of the shower, not quite dry yet, and even across the room, Hoseok can feel the warmth of his skin, still faintly damp, and he smells amazing, Hoseok catching a touch of Kihyun's rose-scented soap gently washing over his face.

Kihyun is really, truly beautiful. And as always, Hoseok can't resist him.

But at the same time, he wants to treasure this moment, savor it, because it's their first night together in their shared room, their first night together as roommates, having finally been granted permission to room together after dodging ongoing suspicions of their relationship, and after so long, they finally have what they've both been so desperate for, desperate for years now.

Privacy. Privacy and time.

Two of the most coveted luxuries for all idols, yes, but especially coveted by Kihyun and Hoseok.

They've been dating in secret since long before debut, and to say it's been difficult would be an understatement. They're together always for group activities and have always gotten to live together at the dorms with the other members, sure, but it's always been a challenge to find alone time for the more...physical aspects of their relationship.

For almost seven years now, it's been all about staying vigilant and seizing opportunities, finding ways to sneak around in secret, having to always be so quick, so quiet, and so, so careful. Always so careful. It's been one grand, torturous slow burn all these years, the flames tempered down but never quite extinguished, never quite satisfied, never quite able to build and grow and burst the way they've always wanted to, the way they've craved. Their encounters over the years have only whetted their appetite for each other, always leaving them wanting more, and always leaving them too worried about when the next opportunity would present itself to truly enjoy their time together.