Sincerely, Elliot. [Saving Elliot - One Shot]

☆ミ ☆彡

Come on... ring...

At the edge of her bed, she sat there, looking hopelessly at her phone like she was a police and it was a criminal who was hiding something from her and it was about to explode with secrets. But it was untrue, for she was actually missing someone - Elliot Fintry. She missed him so bad. She couldn't even deny it.

"I'm an idiot." She said to herself. She knew that Fintry is in California, sorting things out with his family, friends and enemies. Hell, he's probably busy most of the time, not to mention the time zone. It was possibly and probably one in the morning at California - and yet, she was still at her bed, waiting for him to call her.

Then, one thing crossed her mind. She finally got up from her bed and went to her desks that's full of textbooks that she hasn't cleared yet. She tore a piece of paper from one of her notebooks, wrote something on it for almost half an hour and put it inside an envelope. Then, she hurriedly wore her shoes, took her bag that had her phone and money inside it and stepped outside and into the atmosphere.

The air was hot and dry due to the fact that it was summer. She heard the sound of children and teenagers playing together, getting along. Thousands of things crossed her mind about what she would and should do today if Fintry didn't walked into her life.

Fintry...

The thought was easily gone like lightning when she remembered what she was outside for. She walked to the nearest post office, bought a stamp and went back home to stick the stamp on the envelope.

After that, she pushed the envelope into the mailbox before she could change her mind. You're so fucking lucky, Fintry. Elliot didn't know what would be Fintry's reaction when he received her letter. She didn't know if he would be happy or not. The only thing she did know is that she would never do this for any other guy. One thing is for sure though:

Elliot Fintry is really fucking lucky.

"Elliot!" She heard her friend, Tamara said. She was in her car with two boys at the backseat - Finley and O'Conner. Elliot noticed them waving like their arms are numb from the spot she was standing at, looking like lunatics from what they were doing. "We're going to the beach! Wanna come?"

At this time, she had two decisions. Either go with them and have a marvelous time or spend her precious time home with chores to do and books to read.

Fuck it, why not?

Besides, it's summer. She realised that Elliot Fintry had always been on her mind 24/7 when she remembered the last thing she wrote on that letter and that was:

Sincerely,

Elliot.

☆ミ ☆彡

At the outside of his house, stood a teenage boy walking up to the mailbox that was located at least 8 feet away from the door. He was wondering what to do with his life after he graduated in the UK, which was in a year and a few months from now. He could search for a job or go complete his studies overseas but he didn't want to. So, he was left to think what he was going to do and without a plan in his life. When he finally reached the mailbox, he opened it and saw a small white envelope rested perfectly on top of all the other envelopes.

The envelope rested perfectly there, as if someone had bribed the mailman to left the envelope there, unscratched and unharmed. Without a word falling out of his mouth and confusion written in his face, he took it in his hands, slowly and carefully. He flipped it over to the other side to see if there's any words on it, and much to his confusion, it did. It read "ELLIOT FINTRY," in big and bold capital letters on top of the address.

Open it... He heard his voice whisper in his head. The two simple words echoed in his mind, like the tides of the ocean, going back and forth again and again, nonstop. His curiosity got the best of him, and when he opened it, he was not surprise to find a letter inside it. After all, that's what envelopes usually contains - letters. Whether big or small, they always contain letters. He slowly unfolded the letter. The letter was written with black ink, neatly, tidily and flawlessly.

Dear Fintry,

Just to make things clear for you and your stupid brain, it's Jensen. Look, I'm not good with this. I just wanted to say that I'm still waiting for you to come back. How's it going there? Nice? Bad? Or somewhere in the middle? Either way, I'm sure you're doing your best to make things right.

Anyway, I hope you know that I think of you every single damn day and... this - this shitty letter - is so fucking hard to write. It's like a bitch and I hate it and I can't do this... but yet, I still am. Ugh. This is just for you, Fintry. You better read this and not just throw it in the trash!

Okay.

Life here is great, actually... but not as great when you were here. Remember that time when I almost killed you? Yeah, your fault for eating my ginger cake. You had it coming. Anyway, remember about the other little things like the pranks, the New Year's Eve, the stars, Nick's wedding, the parties?

I'm not going to lie, I really, honestly enjoyed almost all the time I spend with you. Damn, I wish you were here! It would be nicer if I say this face to face instead of in a letter. Fintry...

UGH, TO HELL WITH IT. I love everything you do and I love everything about you but most importantly, I love you. And I can't wait for you to get back into my fucking life.

Sincerely,

Elliot.

PS - Come back soon, okay?

His eyes went wide and he was trying to consume and understand what the letter was for, all he could think was the moment when he realised that he loved her - on his birthday when she gave him the best present ever in his whole life. He remembered the sparkling of the stars at the ceiling that were like flashing city lights next to the sidewalk in winter - romantic, beautiful and unforgettable.

Then, he remembered her eyes, that were as clear as the sky, her lips that he wanted to feel against his own ever since that day, her smile which always get more beautiful and contagious each day and her curly hair that reminded him of summer and happiness. He remembered her. His eyes darkened like the night's shadow as he realised this and he mumbled slowly to himself, "Jensen, you idiot," and smiled as he walked towards the door to his house.

His mother was there, paying every attention about what had happened a few moments ago. "Who's thats from?" She asked with a voice full of curiosity. Her index finger was pointing towards the letter in his hands.

"Some girl who I love dearly... I guess you could say that she 'saved' me," he smiled and walked into his room, probably to write a letter to Elliot.

And as he was writting, he knew that he couldn't stay away from her that long. He knew that he needed her in his life too. And he knew that she's the best thing that's ever happened to him as well. And so, he wrote at the bottom of his letter:

Sincerely,

Elliot.

Elliot Fintry, you are un-fucking-believably lucky...