Boys & Girls Night Out (Alternate Ending Number 1)

[After one year - post engagement]

~ At the bar ~
Mei Zuo: It's nice of you to accompany me tonight.
Xi Men: Well, you're my best mate. I can't abandon you just because I'm in a serious relationship now.
MZ: Is that supposed to make me feel better?
XM: Yes. Tonight we'll have some fun. Like the old days.
MZ: Like the old days? Xi Men-laoshi, don't you think that your fiancee will get mad and jealous if she finds out you're here with me having fun? Have you forgotten who her best friend is?
XM: Of course not.  Xiao You was actually the one who suggested I meet you tonight.
MZ: Oh really?
XM: She and Shan Cai are having some girl talk.
MZ: If that's the case you're a free man tonight. And so should Ah Si. If you're here, where is he?
XM: I invited him tonight but he refused. He didn't want the missus to get angry. I think he's at Lei's house.
MZ: So it's just you and me like old times.
XM: (nods)
MZ: Well then let's toast for tonight. Cheers!
XM: Cheers!

---

~At the Dao Ming Residence ~
SC: Is it okay to let Xi Men hang out with Mei Zuo? Aren't you worried?
XY: Shan Cai, you worry too much. I trust Xi Men. Besides, we're engaged now.
SC: I can't help but worry. It's Xi Men after all. And Mei Zuo too. They're the known playboys of F4.
XY: I know. But Xi Men has changed. He has long since been a devoted boyfriend to me. But I also know how much he misses hanging out with Mei Zuo. That's why I suggested he spend the night with Mei Zuo. Have some boys night out while we girls have our own ladies night.
SC: If they're together now then they'll probably be at some bar surrounded by girls. Doesn't that bother you at all?
XY: Xi Men knows his limits. He loves me. In spite of his playboy image he is actually a one-woman man.
SC: Xi Men? A one-woman man?
XY: You may not believe it but before I came along there was only ever one girl that he truly loved.
SC: You mean Senior Xiao Geng?
XY: Yes. If the two never crossed paths through and because of me, he would probably be still in love with her. She was his first love and his biggest regret in love.
SC: I see. I guess I was worrying for nothing.
XY: Yes, you are. I trust him. Now, let's talk about my upcoming wedding.
SC: Oh right. Let's talk about that dress you tried on the other day.

---

~ At the bar ~
MZ: Girls, girls, girls!!! My buddy here is now off limits. He's got a really cute fiancee now and that fiancee has a really feisty best friend who's well known for her flying kick. Leave him alone.
XM: (laughing) Do you really have to broadcast my relationship status?
MZ: Of course.
Girls: What? Xi Men has a girlfriend? / He's getting married? / It's not true. You're joking. / Now there's one less handsome guy in this room. / This is such a sad news. / It's shocking!
MZ: Well, I'm still here girls. I'm still handsome and not getting married anytime soon.
Girls: Of course. / At least we still have an F4 member with us. / We are glad we still have you Mei Zuo.
MZ: Sorry Xi Men. Perks of being handsome and single. Tonight I get all the girls.
XM: (laughs) Surprisingly I'm not the least bit jealous. (Looks at his watch)
MZ: Why do you keep checking the time?
XM: Am I?
MZ: Yes, you do. If you wanna go already and see Xiao You now, you can go.
XM: But-
MZ: It's okay. Besides, I won't miss you with all these lovely ladies at my side.
XM: Thanks. You're the best.
MZ: Of course I am. I better be your number one best man.
XM: Do I have to tell you that? Just don't tell Ah Si and Lei that you're best man number one.
MZ: Alright. Go now. And I'll carry on the fun here.
XM: Bye. (Leaves)

---

~ At the Dao Ming Residence ~
(Shan Cai is already asleep in her bedroom. Xiao You prepares to leave and bumps into Xi Men at the foyer.)

XY: Xi Men. What are you doing here?
XM: I came to fetch you.
XY: Fetch me? But aren't you and Mei Zuo having a boys night out?
XM: We did. But there were just too many girls with us and it's not fun for me anymore. So I left the bar and have Mei Zuo party with the girls. I'd rather be with you.
XY: Oh? I'm touched.
XM: Where's Shan Cai?
XY: She's already asleep. I was just about to leave.
XM: I arrived on time then.
XY: Yes.
XM: I'll take you home.
XY: No. Let's go somewhere else.
XM: Xiao You? It's getting late. You're parents will get worried.
XY: It's fine. I told them I'm spending the night with Shan Cai.
XM: So why are you leaving then?
XY: I wanted to see you all of a sudden.
XM: Do you miss me that much?
XY: Yes. And... (whispers to his ear).
XM: (looks passionately at her.)
XY: Take me somewhere Xi Men.
XM: That's what I like most about you Xiao You. You're not afraid to show how you feel. Especially about me.
XY: I want to be confidently beautiful for you. I want you to keep falling in love with me.
XM: I already do. And I'll always be in love with you, Jiang Xiao You. Let's go!

END

© Franzz P. Follow on Instagram @onceinalifetimearc2018
Date written: September 7 & October 28, 2018