First Date Part 1

Stand alone two-part fanfic but could be a continuation of Rooftop Kiss.

Part One

When Xi Men and I became a couple officially, the first thing he promised me is that he would take me out on our first date. A proper date where we both get ready and dressed up, eat in a fancy restaurant and have a very lovely evening. Not this lousy and sleep deprived post first kiss breakfast we were having right now.
The day Xi Men had set for our first date was also the same day he had a speaking engagement at MDU. So while he was doing his thing, I was busy preparing for our date that night. Thankfully, our lady boss approved my request to take a day off. Because even now at close to 5 PM I still couldn't pick the clothes I should wear. When my mom stepped inside my bedroom, she was horrified to see the mess I've created. She knew I was nervous.
After the rooftop kiss and breakfast, Xi Men took me home. My father was already at work but my mother was anxiously waiting for me to return home. In my moment of heartache I have completely forgotten to inform both of my parents of my whereabouts. It was only during breakfast that I remembered to check my phone. Suffice to say, Xi Men met my mother. We both apologized. Though he had nothing to really apologize for. It was all my fault. Still he did and I think Ma appreciated the gesture.
Xi Men left right away. We both were feeling sleepy already.
In the afternoon when I woke up Ma was waiting for me tea and all for a heart to heart talk. I recounted everything that happened, even way back to how Xi Men rescued me and defended my honor when my jerk of an ex-boyfriend cheated and dumped me on the same day. She also finally found out all those times I snuck out of the house to find the rooftop with Xiao Geng's message.
"So he's your boyfriend now," Ma spoke after I finished. It was more of statement than a question.
I nodded. "I'm sorry Ma. I really am."
My mother pulled me in for a tight hug. "Your father and I were worried all night."
"I know."
She pulled away and cupped my face. "You know your father and I love you very much. And we don't have any objections to you having a boyfriend. All we want to know is that you're happy."
Tears welled up in my eyes. "I am happy Ma. Very much happy. Xi Men is the man of my dreams."
"Well, with such a handsome and good mannered man, even I would fall in love with Xi Men."
We both laughed at loud, hugged again.
Back to my wardrobe dilemma, Ma picked up and tossed random pieces of clothing. After a few minutes, she laid out on my bed the perfect ensemble.
"Thanks Ma." I gave her a hug. She left as I changed clothes. I combed my hair and put on a light make up. Looking at myself on the mirror, I couldn't hide the happiness I was feeling.
I thought back on the night I made my love confession and how Xi Men rejected me on the spot. Suddenly, I felt the sting on my hand from slapping him. I could have given up my feelings for him then and there. But I was stubborn. After teaching me to be confident, I refused to give up. Mustering all my courage, the next night I went back to his house. I waited outside for him to return. It was getting late and colder. I was tempted to go home already. I'm glad I didn't because he suddenly appeared.
First, I apologized for slapping him. He didn't seem to mind it. He was keen on rejecting me but I was even more determined to make him fall in love with me. The night before he asked me what I wanted and laid out all that we could do. So I told him that I wanted them all. All those things he proposed we should do. I wanted us to do them all. Dates, kiss and hug. Yes! All!
A chuckle escaped my lips. The look on his face when I blurted them out. Priceless. Very priceless. Anyway, after I said what I wanted to say to him, I could feel my legs shaking. I ran in haste before I collapsed in front of him. That would be very embarrassing.
Shan Cai and I were talking about adult stuff when Xi Men called me. I wasn't surprised at all. Technically, that night was our first date. But not for the right reasons. Turned out he just wanted to scare me. After what I thought was our romantic dinner, he brought me to a hotel room. I cringed at the blunder I made when I assumed 1573 meant our feelings were mutual. It wasn't. It was the number of the hotel room he reserved.
I haven't admitted this to him or to anyone else but I was really scared when we were alone in that hotel room. When I saw the bed. When he asked me questions. When he rested his head over mine and his eyes fixated on mine. Heart beat pulsating, knees shaking... I could hardly look him straight in the eyes. My so-called fighting spirit wasn’t so strong after all. 
Then he told me not to force myself and to treasure myself. That I didn't know what I was getting into or what I really wanted. Of course, he was right. But I was stubborn. Brazen and fearless I told him I will go all the way with him. Now that I think about it, that was very foolish and naive of me. I was in love. I just wanted to be with him. For him to like me back.
Things took a wrong turn when I talked about regrets. Xi Men always seemed to have a calm demeanor. It was the first time I saw him upset. And I was the one who made him upset. He told me I can choose to stay as he already paid for the night or leave. Then he walked away. It was a very nice hotel room by the way. I could stay and wait for him to say sorry and... Well, whatever I was expecting to happen didn't happen or was certainly never gonna happen. So I left.
"Xiao You." My mother's voice brought me out of my reverie. I turned my head to face her. "Xi Men's here."
"Oh, okay. Tell him I'll be out in a sec."
Ma smiled and left.
I breathed deeply. I took one last look at the mirror. "This time it's not to scare you anymore. This time it's for real."
I made my way to the living room where my mother was chatting with Xi Men. My father wasn't home yet but he knew I was going out with Xi Men.
"Xi Men," I greeted.
"Hi Xiao You," he greeted back and smiled. "You look nice."
"Thanks."
Our eyes locked and we just stood there smiling.
"Well, you two enjoy the night." Ma’s voice broke whatever moment we were having.
And I swear I could feel my cheeks blushing being caught by my mother. Xi Men however was acting normally.
"Thank you Mrs. Jiang. I promise to take her home before midnight," Xi Men said very politely.
"Okay," Ma replied. She practically shoved us out of the house.