Chapter 12:Goodbye

Peace.
Sounds really calm and soothing.But can we truly achieve it?

I thought I would be at peace after leaving Joe but his friends had other plans for me.

They tell you to be yourself and then they judge you.

Some blocked me,some insulted me and many started verbally abusing me.

It seemed like it was a bloody divorce.

I knew Joe had already thought of me as his wife and had probably imagined babies too(which I was afraid would be as ugly as him so here's another indirect reason for leaving him) but I never once had these thoughts.Which again proves it was a crush and not love.

I know it was wrong of me to give him hope when I didn't love him but even I was confused so I guess I'm not too much at fault.

Joe on the other hand was on a different level altogether.

Joe-"Ok let's be friends"

Me-"ok friends."

Joe-"I love you my friend."

I let out a sigh of exasperation.It was impossible dealing with him.He didn't understand the difference between friends and lovers.Hence it was better to be strangers.

Me-"Goodbye."

Joe-"no..no no no..-"

*Blocked*(in WhatsApp)

I'd wish him the best but he had already had the best.

Relief at last!He was so fucking annoying.But I knew this wasn't the end.He had a really annoying best friend called Sofie who seemed more than just a friend.

She was always on long calls with him and kept meeting him. I wasn't jealous but what can you say of a man who spends more time with some girl other than his girlfriend?

So I started hating her though she was my friend long back. I hated her for manipulating men and I hated her for her absolutely disgusting character.

She was at daggers drawn with me for hurting her 'best friend' and warned me to leave him as soon as possible instead of hurting him.Hell she even told me never to contact him again.As if I was the one desperate to talk to him.

I hated that bitch and so I listened to her. I blocked him as well as her everywhere to make sure they never contacted me again.

Truth is..I cared too much in a world that cares so little.

I cared too much in a world that cares so little

______________________________

Ryan stopped texting me. I often texted 'hi' but he just seenzoned me. I understood that he was avoiding me as he didn't want to give me the answer I was afraid he'd give me.Little did he realize that I would have been happier if he was just my friend.

Me-"can you forget whatever I told you and just let me be your friend again!"

Ryan-"if we aren't friends what are we?"

Strangers...

He grew more and more distant.It was becoming difficult for me to still believe I was his best friend.It was ok that he didn't want me.All I wanted right then was him by my side..not as my lover but as my friend.

One fine evening he texted me.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"U know I was thinking of blocking everyone except you and Selena coz I'm so tired of this fake world."

"Not everyone is fake."

"We say we are ok when we are not..we say we are fine when actually we are hurt. What is more fake than that?"

"Maybe that's how we must act so that we don't hurt the people around us."

"Do you believe that?Are you a fake person too?"

"Maybe I am..but I believe that way I hurt less people."

"Won't people be more hurt when they realize how much you have lied to them?"

"At least there's a chance they'd never find out."

"So I'm thinking of deactivating my account. School is really tough and u know my finals are approaching. I gotta concentrate."

"Of course.Just be happy."

"I texted you to let you know that."

"Thank you Ryan. I know you'll pass with flying colours."

"Thanks..So umm..A final goodbye?"

Why did I feel as if he purposely moving away from me?why did I have a bad feeling about this?

"Goodbye."

A/N

A/N

Have you ever faced an obsessive boyfriend and his meanie little bitchy best friend? Well if you have..my advice-ignore them both. And learn to accept the fact that someone you love may lie to you too..though you never thought they would. Keep voting.

Xoxo😘😘