Part 1

It had been a long day at work and I had one more errand to run before I could head home. As I pulled into the Whole Foods parking lot, I cursed myself for not doing this yesterday when I wasn't so exhausted and the store was probably a lot less crowded.

Grabbing a small cart, I slowly made my way up and down the aisles. I didn't need all that much, really just the necessities. Pulling out my list, I checked off the items as I carelessly tossed the stuff into the cart. Pushing it to the side and out of the way, I walked down the aisle to grab coffee. As I turned back around, I noticed a man toss filters into my cart then walk away. Grabbing them out of my cart when he strolled away for something else, I walked over to give them to who they belonged to.

Tapping him on the shoulder, "Excuse me, I think you put this in my cart instead of yours." I said smiling as I handed him his big box of coffee filters.

When he turned around, he was, wow....extremely attractive. He had the most captivating hazel eyes I had ever seen.

"Are you sure you aren't the one mixing up carts?" He asked, smiling back at me sounding all full of himself.

Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to hit on you. Instant turn off, yuck.

"I'm sure.." I responded, handing the box to him..

I held my tongue but wanted so badly to straighten his ass out. I wanted to say 'I was being nice not looking for your attention you cocky ass' but, I didn't. He was just a typical LA guy. He knew he was attractive so obviously he thinks everyone wants him.

Giving me a cocky, 'I know what you want' smile as he took the box from me.

"Have a nice night." I offered then turned, walking back to my cart without another word.

Next time this happens, I'm just going to toss the crap into the nearest cart or on a shelf and move on instead of being nice. Grabbing my list, I was scratching off what I already had when I felt someone next to me.

"Hey....I was trying to be funny but clearly failed. I'm sorry."

He apologized but in a very 'come on take a joke' manner' and I wasn't totally buying it. I grew up in LA and am I'm far too familiar with the men out here. That's probably the reason why I'm still single.

"I get it..." I responded with a tight smile, nodding in his direction, "No worries." then continued down the aisle.

Not to be dismissed easily, I felt his presence following behind me as I rounded the corner and started down the next aisle. When I stopped to look at pasta sauces, he stopped too.

"My name is Shannon." He said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

Obviously, he was not only cocky but isn't very perceptive either since I'm pretty sure I wasn't giving of the vibe that I was the least bit interested. Looking down at his extended hand then rolling my eyes back to his, I replied as short as I possibly could.

"Hi Shannon." I said, shaking his hand quickly then turned my attention back to the sauces.

I'm not a rude person......

"What sauce is your favorite?" He asked, stranding next to me with his arms crossed.

"Excuse me?"

I didn't understanding why he was still talking to me. What is it with this guy?

"I'm just curious, ya know." He said, "Ahhhh, I'm sorry, what's your name again?" He asked as if he was trying to remember my name but couldn't.