Part 2

I thought about Shannon the whole ride home and non stop for the following two days. TWO DAYS! I couldn't get him off my mind. I went back and forth; should I call him or should I not. I was completely torn.

Standing in my kitchen, after another long day at work, I was eating yogurt and who was still lingering in my thoughts?

SHANNON!

I can't remember the last time I dwelled on someone as much. I had to give him props, it was the most unique pick up I had ever heard of. And he was sexy. Not to mention, his voice was like velvet. He had that crazy combination you dream about a guy having. You know, adorably funny while being sexy and masculine at the same time.

I mean, those kind of guys are rare, right?

The more I thought about him, I was finding too many reasons to just go for it.

You only live once, right?

Before I changed my mind again, I reached into my purse that was sitting on the counter, grabbed my phone and dialed his number. If I didn't do it before my mind caught up to my actions, I'd still be in the same indecisive spot. It rang two times and went to voicemail.

Only two rings, huh. I opted to not leave a message. Maybe that was a sign. Or I just subconsciously chickened out.

As soon as I dropped my phone back in my purse, it started ringing. Picking it up I looked at the number on the screen. Shannon. Hmmm. Now THIS felt like a sign.

"Hello?" I said in a very 'I don't give a fuck' tone.

"Hi, someone called me from this number? They didn't leave a message but uhhhh..." He said and I rolled my eyes.

This was way to typical 'player' behavior.

Obviously he was monitoring his phone calls. That had to be it. Two rings and he sent it to voicemail instead of just picking it up? That says creep to me.

Like who does that unless you're shady?!

"Nope, wrong number, sorry!" I quickly responded and disconnected and the call.

Men. I knew he was too good to be true. He was just an player with money. Glad I figured that out BEFORE the first date. I can't stand wasting my time on men like that.

My phone was still in my hand when it started ringing again. I looked at the screen but didn't really need to. I had a pretty good idea who would be on the other end of the line. Sure enough, it was Shannon's number. I let it ring and ring until it finally rolled to voicemail.

Unbelievable.

A split second later, it dawned on me. Letting it go to voicemail was fucking stupid. Now he'd know for sure it was me.

Ahhh, damn it!! I'm an IDIOT!!!!! What was I thinking?!

Once he knew, it was on. He called back three more times and I let all three calls go to voicemail. On the the forth call, I finally picked up. I really didn't think he would stop until I did. I was stupid and he was going to ride this, he seemed like THAT type of guy.

"Hello.." I said, trying my best to sound very nonchalant.

"Hello, Cora." Shannon said in that deep husky voice.

Shit.

Did he sound this way earlier? Or at Whole Foods?! I didn't remember his voice sounding THAT freakin' sexy. I would have remembered.

I swallowed hard. I knew I needed to play this off and seem completely unaffected despite being affected. I was NOT interested in him. Sexy a fuck voice or not, he was a player.