F I V E

Marinette decided that after the surprise visit from Adrien and the awkward encounter between the two of them, she needed to go on patrol and get her mind off of things.

"I'm assuming we're going out tonight, Marinette?" Tikki Asked. Her kwami could always read her so well. Marinette nodded with a small smile, and Tikki readied herself.

"Yep. Tikki, spots on!" The pink kwami spiraled through the air and into Marinette's earring. The girl then transformed in a blast of pink light into her fierce alter ego, Ladybug.

"Are you upset about Adrien, Mari?" Tikki Asked her internally.

"I just need to go out," she answered, "get some fresh air, you know? Besides, I haven't patrolled in a few days."

"Okay, whatever makes you happy," Tikki said sweetly. Marinette went out on her balcony and began to leap through the Parisian sky, making her usual rounds. She always passed Alya and Nino's apartment, and made her way past her parent's bakery. She then made her way around the streets, and stood in the Eiffel Tower, looking over Paris with a feeling of pride. She decided to make a quick run by the Agreste estate just to see if all was well. She quickly leapt by the giant glass windows in a flash of pink and black.

Just then, Adrien had turned over in his bed to face out his window and look at the night sky. He blinked at a familiar sight leaping through the air.

"Is that...?" He sat up slowly, prompting Plagg to look out the window himself. The kwami flew to the window to see what Adrien was talking about. He turned back to the boy.

"It's her! It's really her!" He said excitedly, thinking fondly on the prospect of possibly seeing Tikki again. Adrien leapt immediately to his feet, and without thinking...

"Plagg, claws out!" He said loudly.

"Wait! Kid don't you think-" but it was too late, as he'd already gone into Adrien's ring and transformed him into the devilishly dashing Chat Noir. He immediately went after who he could only assume was Ladybug, vaulting himself from building to building, nostalgia flooding him at the feeling of the night air on his face and body. And then he saw her. Sitting, leaned forward resting her chin in her hand, looking somewhat bored, swinging her legs over Paris in the Eiffel Tower. She was beautiful under the dim lamplight. He landed on a nearby building, watching her for a while, admiring the beauty he had missed so much.

"Well, since we're here, are you actually gonna go talk to her? Or are you just gonna be a creep all night?" Plagg jibed.

"Shut it, Plagg," Adrien said quietly, "I'm going." He readied himself mentally and physically, feeling oddly nervous. He took a deep breath, and vaulted himself up onto the tower, landing silently. He walked up behind her and leaned against a beam, picking his tail up and spinning it around in a circle. He was shrouded in shadow, making his green eyes glow brightly.

"Is m'lady feline lonely tonight?" He said flirtatiously, a small smirk on his face. Ladybug's head shot straight up as she took in a sharp breath, but she didn't turn around. That familiar voice, it couldn't possibly be...

"Chat Noir?" She said softly as she turned around to look at him. Her eyes widened at the sight of him. He'd... definitely grown up, that was for sure. She hadn't seen him in about three years. He'd gone completely radio silent. He smiled at her.

"Miss me, bugaboo?" He said, stepping out into the light, fully revealing his dark figure. Ladybug stood up and immediately ran to him, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly.

"Oh my god, Chat!" She let go and took a step back. As she looked at him, her warm smile faded into a deep frown. Her eyebrows furrowed and she crossed her arms. Chat's head tilted to the side in confusion, noticing her quick change in demeanor.