E I G H T

"GIRL, WHAT?! OH MY LORD NINO, ITS FINALLY HAPPENING, OUR BABIES ARE FINALLY GROWING UP AND GETTING LESS STUPID," Alya yelled over the phone with Marinette, "ADRIEN ISN'T A DENSE LITTLE SHIT ANYMORE!"

Marinette had called her the next morning to tell her that Adrien had asked her out, but she was seriously regretting the decision. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Alya, it's just a date," she breathed, twirling a strand of hair on her finger. "It's really not as big a deal as you're making it..."

"Wha- just a date- NINO, are you hearing this?" Alya said loudly. Marinette could almost feel Nino's sigh through the phone.

"Babe, chill a little, okay?" He said lovingly, "you're more excited than Marinette is. Which, by the way Mari, you should be very excited. I've tried to get it through his thick skull since high school that he liked you." Marinette smiled.

"You think he's liked me since high school?" She asked softly.

"Girl, it wasn't obvious to you?! You're literally the only person besides Adrien himself that went to our school that didn't know he liked you," Alya insisted.

"You know, I honestly can't argue with that," Nino laughed. Marinette blushed a little. He's liked her since school?

"Okay, Mari, I love you, Nino and I both do, but we have to call Adrien and YELL AT HIM FOR TAKING SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT HIS FEELINGS," Alya said firmly.

"Ah-Ah," Nino said, "correction: you have to yell at him."

"Whatever."

"Alya, come on... don't bother him," Marinette said, a tone of worry in her voice. "I don't want him to get upset with me or anything, thinking I'm going around telling everyone..."

"Mari. Why in the world would he get upset that you told your best friend that he asked you out? Huh?" Marinette could almost see Alya put her hand on her hip as she said this. "Girl, you're trippin', you know that?"

"I agree, Mari," Nino sighed kindly, "loosen up a bit! I'm sure he's just as excited as you are." She could then hear another phone ringing in the background. "Oh, wow. Perfect timing."

"What?" Marinette Asked.

"He's calling me right now," he laughed. Alya gasped.

"Put him on speaker!" She said excitedly, "don't tell him we have Mari on the phone!"

"Alya!" Marinette scolded. She heard a beep.

"Hey, Adrien, What's up?" Nino Asked.

"Hi, dude," he said, sounding happy. "I have some exciting news!"

"Oh, really?" Nino faked ignorance. Marinette was beet red, feeling very guilty. She could hear Alya stifling giggles.

"I... Uh... I asked Marinette on a date last night," he said sweetly.

"Oh, wow, dude! That's awesome!"

"Yeah, I know. I'm so excited," he said lovingly, "she's so amazing... I honestly can't believe she said yes." Marinette took in a soft, surprised gasp.