Chapter 6

Leopardnose and Tigerstar were strolling through the woods.
"Why do you want to take in Redflower's litter so much?" She demanded, clearly with anger.
He simply said, "There will be three."
She was confused and raised her voice, "You are already grandfather to two liters of three! Mine and Hawkfrost's! What more could you want?"
He shook his head, "There's something special about those kits."
"And there's nothing special about mine?"
He explained, "I adore my grandkits, of course, but Firestar's grandkits? Well before your mother died, she and I were sitting on the porch. Firestar and Leafpool came to check on her, make sure she was comfortable and such. She was losing her mind swiftly at that point, muttering to long-dead warriors and what have you. Well as soon as she saw Firestar, she exclaimed 'There will be three! Kin of your kin!' And that was the last we heard of her, I don't know if she was even finished proclaiming when she dropped back, lost herself to our ancestors."
Leopardnose had not heard this before. The time of Goldenflower's death, she had been out with a hunting patrol. It was hard on her to hear about, but she understood the importance.
"Kin of Firestar's kin could be Redflower's litter. Kin of Leafpool's kin could be Redflower's litter. Either way, they must be part of a prophecy." She sighed, "I still don't like them."
Tigerstar commented, "You don't have to. Just work with them. Be the loving aunt you are to Hawkfrost's kits, that I'm sure you plan to be to Tawnypelt's litter to come."
Leopardnose gave a slight nod, a flick of an ear.

They had neared the edge of the territory when a familiar scent wafted to them. Redflower burst from the bushes and led a group of six werecats, who were obviously tourists, to the she and her father.
"Redflower, what in StarClan's name are you doing here? You're supposed to be hiding!"
"I'm giving them the best tour of the clans!" She declared and then asked, "I was hoping to find you; let's show them your home!"
"My home?" Leopardnose gasped, "Never!"
"Please, for me!" Redflower blinked prettily.
Leopardnose was not amused, "Why would I ever do a thing for you? We've never been friends."
"Well I am basically your sister-in-law," She mewed.
"No, you're not," Leopardnose reminded her, "Mosscloud is my sister-in-law and so is your littermate, Squirrelflight. But not you."
Redflower momentarily narrowed her eyes. Her next trick, "Do it, or I'll expose you."
"Expose me?" Leopardnose gave a snort, "Dear, you'd be ruining everything if you suddenly came back from the dead and gave away our group meetings."
Tigerstar rumbled, "Go back to the hotel, Redflower. Take them away from here."
She swished her sleek but long-furred tail.
The group behind her had mixed reactions. The calico adult was clearly scared. The kits were in wonder and the toms were exchanging glances.
Leopardnose did not care if Redflower got herself into trouble. "Do what you want but if you bring them near my home, you'll all be dead!"
She turned and left, heading deeper into ThunderClan territory. Tigerstar followed her.

"Can you feel the love tonight!" Leopardnose heard her younger daughters singing before she opened the door since the windows were cracked.
She and her father entered and saw the sister apprentices were watching 'The Lion King' which was an older Disney movie about lions who did not wear clothes and walked on four paws. She twitched her whiskers, remembering fondly how much she enjoyed the movie and its sequel in her youth.
"Sootpaw, Whisperingpaw," their mother called out, "have you eaten yet?"
Whisperingpaw's soft voice came, "Yes ma'am!" She had been named for her delicate vocals. She had had a quiet mew since she was born.
Leopardnose walked into the kitchen to pull a snack for herself and Tigerstar, who had worked up a slight appetite.