Chapter eight

Harry wasn't even suprised anymore. Is this what he had to look forward to when term started at the school he had been kidnapped to? Dumbledore fed him an apple a day now, if that.

He was getting skinnier than he already was. His hip bones pretuded out of his skin and his stomach curved inwards, his ribs sticking out. But Harry didn't see it. He believed his uncle and Dumbledore.

Tomorrow was when Dumbledore said everything would start at Hogwarts and Harry was frightened. He was excited to learn magic and maybe the abuse wouldn't be as bad here because he would be staying in a dorm not with Dumbledore or Vernon.

All he had to do now was wait. He just hoped he would be alright.

_______________

It was time. Students were filling in and Harry snuck with the first years. Nobody seemed to notice he hadn't been there the whole time. He didn't know what was going to happen, but he did like that he got to wear new robes.

All the first years looked giddy with nerves and excitement. They chatted with each other, talking about what was going to happen when they walked through those doors.

"I can't wait for the feast, I'm starving!" Somebody said. A feast? Harry was more nervous than before. He was only allowed to eat what his uncle fed him, and he was fine with just having the apple he had had that morning.

Soon, it was time for them to go in. Minerva told them to be quiet and walk in a line of twos. They would be sorted into houses and Harry had no idea what that meant. Harry was the only one who stood alone.

They walked through the magnificent hall, the celling looking like it opened up to the heavens, the beautiful night sky twinkling above them.

When they arrived in front of the staff table, Harry could make out an old, battered, cloth hat. The whole school was watching and Harry was more nervous than ever.

"Hermione Granger." Was the first name called out. She looked nervous and went to the stool.

"Ravenclaw!" The hat yelled. The Ravenclaws clapped and cheered. Neville Longbottom was sorted into Hufflepuff and then Harry tuned out. He couldnt see properly and he was getting a headache.

His broken glasses lay in his pocket and he was hoping to find some tape somewhere.

"Harry Potter." The entire hall went silent. Harry swallowed down his confusion and nerves as he walked to the stall.

"What, the Harry Potter? Do you see how skinny he is?"

"The boy who lived!"

The boy who lived? How did everyone know who Harry was? Harry sat down and the hat was placed on his head. He jumped when it spoke to him.

'Harry potter... hmmm, very difficult. Careful, you know how to protect yourself... oh and very cunning. You have a brilliant mind, I see. You have a talent, yes - and a thirst to better yourself. But where to put you? Do you have any preferences? Oh, you know nothing about the houses? Let me explain. Gryffindor is for those who value bravery, ravenclaw if for those who value intelligence, Hufflepuffs are loyal and value kindness and Slytherins pretect themselves over most. With that, I've made my choice. Better be -'

"SLYTHERIN!"

_______________

AN - Please leave a comment if you enjoyed!