Chapter 5

Quote: Enjoy your life like every day is a party.

VANESSA's POV 💋

I scanned through my closet hoping to find something to wear for Caleb's party.

I was still in my underwear.

I looked into the mirror, turning sideways to look at my ever growing pudge.

I thought about what Mikey had said yesterday.

"That's all it takes"

A knock took me out of my trance, "Nessa, Liyah and Micah are out here"

Valerie never calls Micah by his nickname.

"Okay, send them in" I covered myself with a towel and sat on my bed.

It's not that I'm uncomfortable with them seeing me half naked, I just don't want them to look at my pudge.

Liyah barged into the room."Why aren't you ready?"

"I can't find anything to wear" I pouted, I mean I had clothes but I really didn't have that much fashion sense.

I had an outfit planned out but it looked really stupid once I tried it on.

"How about this?" Liyah pulled out an off the shoulder gold dress.

"Nope, too tacky" Mikey voiced.

"This?" She pulled out a short blue dress.

"Hell no"

They went back and forth until Liyah pulled out a tan dress with a deep v-neckline.

"That is the dress girl" Mikey commented and Liyah agreed.

After I had put on the dress Liyah pushed me down on the bed and did my make up.

Deja Vu I tell you.

Minutes later, Liyah was finished.

I looked into my mirror and saw a whole different side of me.

My chocolate brown eyes popped with the make up I had on, my lips cherry red and the dress, oh the dress.

It fitted me perfectly and hugged my curves that I thought was non existent.

In fewer words, I looked hot.

"I look goood" I put my hands on my waist and did a brief twirl.

My curls bouncing around me and my heels clicking against the floor.

"You go girl" Mikey shouted playfully.
A/N: another reference 😉

"Let's head out" Liyah said.

I picked up my purse and put my phone and lipstick inside.

I hope my second night out will be better than the first.

○ ● ○ ● ○ ●

I was met with loud music and half drunk dancing teenagers.

Party Rock Anthem started playing I groaned mentally, it was Liyahs favourite song.

"Come on!" she shouted excitingly.

I danced for a little bit before my feet started to ache in the heels.

I went to the kitchen for a drink and got a soda out of the fridge, not trusting the drinks on the table.

I'm trying to stay away from the alcohol.

Sitting down on an empty two seater couch, I watched my bestfriends dance and have fun.

"You came" A voice shouted.