Chapter 1: Next Door Neighbor

I  finally decided to get to know my Neighbor a little bit better at least.  If we're going to be living in the same floor, might as well know each  other. I just think it's weird that we don't talk at all. If you know  what I mean?

*Knocks on the door*

Wow,  she's not coming out? Is she even here? Ugh! Okay, fine whatever, maybe  next time. As I was about to walk back to my unit, her door opens. "Oh,  hey! I almost thought no one's here." I said as I came back to her door  step and greeted her. She looked at me confused as to why I knocked on  her door.

"Umm,  Sorry to bother you but I just want to introduce myself. I realized  you've moved here for a while now and I didn't get to give you any house  warming gifts or anything. Anyway, I'm Lisa. I live next door." I told  her as I pointed to where my unit was which is obviously next to her.

"Oh,  no that won't be necessary but thank you. I'm Jennie, yes I know you  live next door. Look, is there anything that you need?" She told me  flatly and damn! It screams cold bitch all over. It seems like she  didn't want to be bothered so I didn't push it any further.

"Well,no  not really, I just wanted to introduce myself to you but anyway, nice  to meet you Jennie. If you need anything don't hesitate to knock on my  door!" I said and offered the best smile I could give her. "Sure.  Thanks." She said and wow, she's definitely not the fun type.  She  didn't smile or anything and here I was being the nice Neighbor but she  clearly didn't give two fucks about that. Well, okay at least I tried.

On  the other hand, she's really pretty. If she smiled more, she's probably  prettier but damn, what a cold ass bitch. She almost rolled her eyes at  me! I mean what the fuck did I do? I was literally only trying to be  nice. Plus, it's already boring as fuck around here.

The  last Neighbor I had was a 55 year old lady that had issues with me being  too happy. What the fuck right? And then when I found out I'm having a  new Neighbor that's almost around my age, I thanked the Gods because  that means, I might actually get along with this person. She's young  like me after all.

But  no. Oh, hell fucking no. She's like that same 55 year old lady that  lived next door. They seem to have the same aura. I wonder if it has  something to do with the unit that brings out the bitch in people.

It's  not like I don't have any friends either. As a matter of fact, I  actually do. But Neighbors c'mon? I don't want to have to dread coming  home because there's a bitch of a person living next door. I'm friendly  as it is and I really do not appreciate rude people like her.

I  wish I could just get past it and ignore but my sociable ass self  decided to maybe try a little bit more and be friendly with her. Got to  start somewhere right? But today, I will give it a rest. For now, I've  got to go to work anyway.

I  moved here in Seoul to pursue my dream as an artist but as it turns out,  that never happened. Instead, I ended up as a videographer for an  entertainment company. Yeah, I know. Watching and filming artists  perform and do what you love has got to be the shittiest feeling but I  got over that.

I  still love the fast pace environment I am in and it gave me a rush. It's  like this adrenaline that you keep looking for. Deadlines, impromptu  shoots and a lot of people on set. I love that. Nevertheless, I didn't  say it didn't tire me out. Of course it did but since I interact with a  lot of people everyday that was good enough for me.

By  the time I got to work, my friend Chaeng was already on set. "Ya!  Lalisa! What took you so long? Mr Kim is already pissed because the  production team lost the only copy of what was filmed yesterday." She  said in panic. "Oh, shit! Does that mean, we are re filming today? How  much of the footage was lost?" I asked. "All of it girl. That means  fourteen hours of overtime today." She said as if she's about to cry.