Chapter 2: Mass Destruction

Despite the amount of times Jungkook has seen Lord Death emphasizing the 'prodigious' aspect of the EAT Class in carefree morning assemblies and impromptu announcements through the PA system, he always finds himself questioning the Shinigami's credibility every time he arrives at the lecture hall with Yerim in tow- only to find chaos ensuing from all ends.

According to the incessant dronings of many other campus professors, the EAT Class is the unique and advanced curriculum held within Death Weapon Meister Academy, making those who take part in it supposedly the more powerful students within the school, as it is the curriculum that involves the students to use their power(s) to fight against evil- evil being Kishin, Pre-Kishin, witches, and the like.

While 90% of the students within DWMA mainly partake in the NOT (Normally Overcome Target) Class, the curriculum for non-combatants, it is the remaining 10% of the student body that makes up the EAT (Especially Advantaged Talent) Class.

So he supposes that this makes them...'special' students in Lord Death's own odd, far-fetched way. Prodigious? Maybe, if they're looking at the right people. He knows other seniors from the EAT curriculum who fare much better than the kids in his class are. But most of the time? Perhaps disorderly or boisterous would be the better word to describe them.

Next to him, Yerim is already slumped down in her own chair as she idly watches two other classmates jokingly fight each other in the midst of paperback books and flying stationery. They're both demon weapons that Jungkook knows really well, though at times like this, it's better to pretend that they're not at all his best friends.

She gazes at the two specific weapons who are busy fighting each other in teasing slashes of their arms-turned-javelins, her eyebrows raised in an unimpressed manner. "Does a day ever go by when Yukhei is not picking any fights with Yugyeom?"

Jungkook sighs as he rests his head on his desk, staring ahead at the vandalized blackboard with a bored flicker in his eyes. "Well, they clearly want to prove which one of them is the better javelin in Class Crescent Moon. Did you honestly think that it was a good idea to put two similar weapon types in one course?"

Yerim frowns at him strangely. "Mingyu has a longsword form and you don't see me trying to best him and Tzuyu in a duel every chance I've got. And where in the hell are Yukhei and Yugyeom's meisters, anyway? You'd think that they would have some more respect for themselves here and stop them."

Mingyu and Tzuyu make up the weapon-meister pair that serves as their seatmates, situated together to Jungkook's right and easily being the most tolerable two people in their class- only for being the least crazy students here, mostly.

Most of their lunchtimes are actually spent together in the open balconies of the DWMA building, chattering animatedly amongst one another while they laxly watch the stunning views of Death City together.

Besides Taehyung and Joohyun, they're the only other duo they could get along with just fine, Jungkook supposes.

Too bad they haven't arrived at class yet, or he at least would have somebody else to talk to besides Yerim by now- though, to be fair, Yerim shouldn't really count as someone to talk to; she's more like someone to argue with. Huh.

Next to the aforementioned girl, Jungkook huffs in response. "That is because you are registered as a meister in this class- not to mention that I am the weapon in this partnership, peaches. Additionally, being a Demon Shadow Weapon, he mostly uses his trident form more."