10. A Date?

I stood there a blushing mess. No one liked me like that before. I looked back up at Zig to see he was blushing and sweating. Not only that but he had a suit top and his fur done. And his teeth wasn't there normal gross yellow. Did he do that all for me?

Slowly I stepped aside and let him in. He calmed a bit and walked inside. What was even more surprising was there was a table set up nest to the fountain. His hermit companion was on-top of the table placing down a candle and lighting it.

I felt Zig grab my hand and pull me towards the table then pulled out a seat for me. I sat down confused and watched him sit at the other side of the table. The hermit Bernie placed food on the table for us. My mouth watered a bit. It was (insert) sushi, katsu chicken with rice, shrimp cock tale. The drinks were pina coladas with the finest rum I have ever had.

I looked up to his blushing face as he told me that he was the one who prepared the food. I felt my cheeks flush, he can cook and he did this all for me. My tale wagged as we ate and talked. I actually enjoyed myself. As he was telling me a bit about himself and how he was raised by a gorilla. My mind drifted off. In his place was my brother. This brown hyena reminds me of him. So determined, a trouble maker, but smart.

suddenly I was brought back when a hand waved in-front of me. He asked if I was ok and I replied saying it was fine and was just thinking. The rest of the dinner was silence. It was getting late and he decided it was time for him to go. I waved to him goodbye and shut the door. Turning my back and resting against it. I slid down and tears started to flow down my muzzle. I miss him i thought pulling out a photo of my brother.

 when i got to bed i held the picture to my chest and slowly drifted to sleep.