chapter 4

Geno:

Once I made my way away from the teachers and Reaper I moved myself to a wall, leaning on it for a second before someone tapped my shoulder. I turn and see this kid who seems to be younger than me with a golden headband and yellow clothes.

"Hey uh, are you okay?" they asked me.

"Oh yeah, totally kid, but you should head off to class, I'm on the way to mine, I wouldn't want you getting in trouble now," I responded, pulling myself off the wall and adjusting myself.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I could feel your negativity," he said before smiling at me and walking back to classroom.

'What? What does he mean he can feel my negativity?' I don't let the kid get to me and start making my way down to class second to the left. I pull my phone out of the pocket just as I reach the door, checking the time. 'Maybe this day might become longer than I thought.' I sighed to myself, finding myself a spot on the floor leaning against the wall, waiting the extra couple minutes before the next period.

I hear voices start to flood the hall as classes end and kids start rushing to their next class. I put in all my effort to stand up standing outside the class I needed waiting for the kids to get out of my way. I stood there for a second as the last of them leave before walking around from the wall seeing into the classroom. I lightly tap my knuckles on the door catching the attention of the teacher inside who quickly allowed me to come in.

I thanked her with a wave and started to make my way to the back of the class, placing my bag on the back of my chair before taking a seat. I start to see a line forming outside the door, I only assume it's the students in the class. I've noticed that whilst I've been here, teachers tend to let me into the classroom before the other students. But don't mind it, its special treatment as I look injured, and to be honest I am. Permanently. Although some days are worse than others, much like today.

After everyone was inside and we finally got started, everything seemed to fly past, I had copied down all the notes and started to fall into a daze. I was staring down at my book and putting little doodles around the edge. Until the teacher clapped at the front of the class catching my attention.

"Okay, everyone its lunch, you're all dismissed," she said.

I watched as many kids all got up excitedly and left. I just packed up my stuff and stood collecting my bag from the back of my chair, grabbing my cane from beside it. As I had just got everything I was greeted by the teacher walking up to me.

"Geno, right?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Is there anything I should know about your current state? Like if you'll be late to classes or miss days at school?"

I nodded once again, "Both of those are pretty much it, also don't worry if I randomly reach in my bag and take a couple pills. I know it's not much, but that's all. Thanks for asking though," I stated, standing taller to stretch my back, having a stature taller than the teacher.

She nodded at me, thanking me for answering her question.

I smiled at the teacher before leaving, once I made it out the door I was greeted by a familiar face.

"Oh, hey, what are you doing kid?" I question. Raising an eyebrow at the kid from earlier.

"I was just in the hall and saw you come out from the classroom so I came to check on you again, you seem to be in a better mood!" he explained excitedly.

I went to respond before a kid about the same height who wore a similar gold headband and clothes but purple walked up to the kid talking to me. He seemed to whisper something to other before the kid spoke again.

"Sorry, I've gotta go, but you can speak to me anytime, my names Dream," he said before disappearing down the hall, holding the others hand.

'What a cute kid'