~10~

~10~

϶ Annabeth ϵ

I stood there and stared. His eyes, they were just like how they were in my dream. Sea green with specks of red and gold. Like a green canvass splattered with paint. His emotions in his eyes were virtually gone. His face sad, haunted. His posture stiff and agitated.

"P-Percy?" Thalia stuttered, making her way to the front of the crowd. Percy, or should I say Epsilon, didn't move, his eyes trained on me. He then blinked and then walked past me, like I was just another person, like I wasn't there. I turned and watched as he walked to towards Alpha and they walked away. Just like that.

"Get back here!" Someone yelled from the crowd. "What kind of magic is this?" Nothing. No response, they just kept going like they didn't hear a thing. I took a step and followed after them as they headed to the Big House. Chiron seemed to get it and the rest of the counselors followed too. When we got there, all of the Chaos warriors were already there.

Silena, Charles, Zoe, Bianca and Per-Epsilon were all sitting or standing. The last person, Alpha, was the only one that didn't have his cloak off. They wore all similar clothing. Plain cotton shirts, jeans and sneakers, just different colors.

The counselors sat down and Chiron got into his wheelchair, then there was a pause. Per-Epsilon was the first to speak. "The second wave is coming and I know that it is bigger than the first one. We need a plan, a good one."

"Yeah, but you don't have the brains to do it," Shawn said and Per-Epsilon just ignored him, his eyes glaring at Chiron.

"What do you propose?" Chiron asked.

"I'll take on the bigger enemy, you guys get the smaller ones," he said and then stood up. "I need to ready. Alpha," Epsilon nodded his head to us and then left. Chiron left as well, but the others stayed.

"What happened to Percy?" Piper asked. "Why is he like this?"

The warriors looked at each other and all had the same look. Bianca looked down. "That's the thing...we don't know." She guilty almost and looked towards the others, her shoulder hunched.

Leo shook his head. "What do you mean you don't know?" He asked.

Zoe glared at the mechanic, "What part of 'we don't know' don't you get?" She questioned.

"How long have you known him?" I cut int and stared at them, almost unblinking.

"One hundred and twenty years," Alpha told us, shifting.

"But, he was gone for four hundred," Thalia pointed out, crossing her arms, making her look more intimidating than she originally was.

"Exactly," Silena said, playing with a small silver ring. "We don't know what happened before that. He was like this when we first met him."

"So, he hasn't told you...anything?" Jason asked.

Bianca shook her head sadly. "No. It took him years to even tell us who he was and trust us."

"And we didn't betray him," Beckendorf added. Excluding the E-team, we all shared looks and then looked back towards the Chaos warriors.

"So the posture, the arm...everything, was like this when you saw him again?" I inquired. The warriors all nodded.

"There is this certain day that he leaves and then comes back the next day, that might have something to do with what happened before, but other then that," Alpha said and shrugged.

"Okay, thank-" a horn blew in the distance and we all looked at each other and ran outside. Gasping, we all stood stock still as the army came towards us at different sides.

"What's his face isn't here," Zoe said.

"Who is that floating guy from before anyway?" Hazel asked.

Alpha looked at us before looking away and taking out his sword. "An old enemy of his, but that's his story to tell. Now come on, let's go help the others." We all unsheathed our weapons and headed towards the strawberry fields. Demeter children and satyrs were there growing weeds and plants to squeeze the monsters until they turned into dust. In the army of monsters, there were a couple of humans, but their eyes were an unusual color. Some were light yellow and others were blood red.

In the middle of the horde, I saw Epsilon hacking away at the many enemies. Some were attacking one by one, others were going in small waves from all sides against the commander. Then he seemed to disappear and I heard someone yell his name. I wanted to yell for Percy, but Epsilon wasn't Percy.

Then there was a flash and some of the monsters started to burst into gold dust. Fire started to rise and for a moment I thought that Leo was the one doing it, that is until a string of mist started to rise. It coiled around where the fire was and then started to go upwards before solidifying. Red scales started to form on the mist figure and then a head appeared. It shot fire into the sky and stretched out its wings. It was beautiful.

Until Next Time