Chapter 3

"Quite a fall, indeed. Do you have any idea of what could have brought this on, Miss Weasley?"

"Well. She did seem quite - um, stressed on the train. We were just having a - um."

"Yes, Miss Weasley?"

"... We were just having a conversation and Hermione said she needed some fresh air. She stood up and started walking over to the door but she started swaying and she collapsed. We freaked out when we saw she had smacked her head against the floor. But we went a bit mental when we saw blood. Its good Professor Lupin decided to take the train rather than floo to Hogwarts like teachers normally do."

"What were you talking about?"

"I.. I'm afraid i can't tell you, Professor McGonagall. It's personal to Hermione. It's not up to me to reveal it."

"Yes, i understand that but while you are at this school, i am your guardian - as well as the rest of the teachers"

Ginny hesitated. She frowned and looked over at Luna who had just shook her head before speaking.

"Sorry, Professor. Hermione is of legal age - in both Wizarding and Muggle worlds. She has to make her own choices. It really isn't up to us to tell you or not"

"Well, do you think, Miss Granger would tell me?"

"No. Probably not. She would be quite embarrassed after all. I was surprised she even spoke to us about it. She's quite a private person. There were probably Wrackspurts on the train. Pesky little things, aren't they?."

Professor McGonagall looked over at Ginny who nodded - a big grin on her face. They both looked over at Luna who was now looking over at something in the air that neither Ginny nor McGonagall could see.

"Well. If you girls would like, the first years are just about to arrive. So if you hurry you might be able to make it to the feast. Madame Pomphrey has done all she can."

Ginnt and Luna look at each - silently confirming their decision.

"If it's alright, Professor. Ginny and I would like to stay with Hermione. We don't want her to be alone on the off chance she wakes up while we're at the feast."

"Very well. I'll have some food sent up for the three of you"

"Thanks Professor"

McGonagall nodded her head, her eyes flicking back towards Hermione before turning on her heel and walking out. As soon as she was out of sight, Ginny slumped against her chair.

"Well. That was interesting. I didn't expect any of this to happen. I always thought Hermione as carefree, always helping other people. I never knew about any of these feelings and I'm one of her best friends. You didnt expect anything, right, Luna?

"No. I expected something."

Ginny shrugged and looked back at Hermione. Her wound on her head was now healed but she had knocked herself out pretty hard and Madam Pomfrey gave her a sleeping potion so she wouldn't wake up while her head was still open. She probably wouldn't wake up for ages...

"Ginny? I think we should go to the feast. Hermione's aura is nearly transparent. She's completely out. She wont wake up anytime soon. I promise"

Ginny sighed.

"Ok, let's go before Professor Mcgonagall sends that food up"

***

A few hours later:

Hermione's eyes fluttered open, a small groan escaping her mouth, echoing round the hospital wing. She winced as she shuffled on the pillow, the large lump on her head twinging.

She sat up slowly, flinching every so often when her head throbbed particularly painfully.

Why had she just fainted like that? She'd gone through worse than finding out her soulmate was most likely dead. Way worse.. right?

She shook her head delicately. She should have known something like this would have happened. It always did. The Fates just couldn't give her a brea-.

A loud crash interrupted her thoughts, causing her to whip her head to the side. She grabbed her head soon after as pain shot through her head.

"Oww!"

She rubbed her head mournfully as she gently slid off the bed. She spotted her wand and her Head Girl badge on the bedside table and grabbed them. Transfigurating the horrible hospital gown into a jumper and jeans as well pinning her badge onto her chest, she carefully made her way to the hospital wing doors.

She placed her ear against the thick wooden doors, sounds of mental clanging and scraping against the stone floor reaching her ears. Maybe some students were out on a midnight walk and crashed into a Suit of Armour? Should she check on them?

She pursed her lips before grabbing the steel handle and pulling a door open. She peeked her head out of the door and looked straight into a pair of Heterochromia eyes.

A/N

Short chapter, sorry guys. I wanted to end it on that line 😊. Sorry for the wait and I hope you enjoyed 🙌