Dying Declaration

Star City

May 2016

Milo Armitage was scared. For a good reason.  he had to book a plane out of Star City because Milo feared that if Darhk found about his plan to continue Operation Genesis without him with the rest of the Hive leaders, he was dead.

So as he was about exit his hotel suite heading to the airport, he came to face to face with Black Canary with a hardened glare.

"Hello, Mr. Armitage." Black Canary greeted, Milo gasped in horror before darkness consumed him.

-

A dark bag was removed off Armitage's head and he found himself cuffed on a rooftop of a building in the Glades. Black Canary stood in front of him with a pissed off look.

"Where is Damien Darhk?" Black Canary demanded. Milo scoffed despite the unfortunate situation he'd found himself in.

"Why should I tell you? You don't frighten me like he does."

"True and it would be a real shame for some really valuable information to be wasted if you were to be caught, so talk." Black Canary replied not in the mood for any bravery or stall as she placed her hands on hips. "Now."

"What Damien will do to me is infinitely worse..." His spat was cut off by a jab to the jaw from the Canary of Star City, effectively shutting him up for now.

"Things are about to get really bad for you, so i'll ask you again." Black Canary kneeled in front of him making him tremble slightly by the glare he was getting. "Where. Is. Damien Darhk?"

-

Oliver, Thea and Felicity had just gone through the bank records that proved that Ruvè Adams paid the Demolition team for the staged attack on the mayoral debate a few months back in Arrowcave. As well as his pre written testimony of  every crime Quentin was forced to cover up to protect Darhk. Felicity explained it to the Queens that Laurel gave Felicity her father's cellphone that was found by Frank Pike while SCPD were searching through Quentin's apartment with a note that said, to Laurel Lance. When asked if she wanted to see what her father had left behind, she said she was pursuing other leads and she didn't have time for it. So Felicity linked the cellphone to her computers and found the mother load of files that had crimes perpetrated by Ghosts on record.

They were now watching a video of Quentin that was recorded the day before his subsequent death.

"My name is Captain Quentin Lance of Star City Police and under the federal law I swear the testimony i'm about to give is the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. Consider this testimony my dying declaration. I'm guilty of several criminal acts and I wasn't acting alone. Damien Darhk coerced me and a number of SCPD officers into aiding and abetting a criminal conspiracy to extort protection money from banks owned by the Federal Government."

"Gotta admit, you sure know how to put on a show Mr. Darhk."

"Officers Warner, Amell, Cassidy, Stan, Ramsey, Rickards and Holland all took part and continued to be Darhk's operatives under the orders of Mr. Darhk himself. There may be more, I can't be sure. But I personally witnessed Star City councilwoman Emily Pollard murder councilman Marc Guggenheim in her kitchen using my handgun."

Quentin watched in horror as Pollard fired two bullets from his on duty firearm to kill Guggenheim in cold blood. "NO!"

"And then witnessed  Darhk's wife Mayor Ruvé Adams bagging my gun as evidence and remove the body, using this crime in an threat against my family, to blackmail me into cooperating with her husband."

To say that they were shocked was a understatement. They knew that he was blackmailed but they didn't know about the leverage Darhk's had on him if he were to turn himself in.

"I'm not making any excuses because I aided and abetted the worst crime of them all."

Exchanging an uneasy look between the Queen siblings, Thea and Oliver continued to watch as Quentin was starting to get emotional near the end of the video.

"I personally drove a small group of Darhk's men to the Starling Tunnel after Oliver Queen exposed Damien Darhk to the public following the Starling Harbor Attack as the leader of the Ghosts. I knew at this point, that he was the one responsible for the attack on the City Council and I knew he was gonna plan something horrible, but I let it happen anyway. So I'm guilty in aiding and abetting the attempted murder of Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen. I'm ashamed of what I've done but that doesn't take away the fact that I and the people I just named are guilty as hell. Give this video to my daughter and Laurel, I'm sorry. For everything. But remember that I will always love you."

The video ended and the three were all shock, stunned, horrified, speechless of how deep Quentin was in bed with Darhk's.

"Oh my god." Thea breathed out walking away from the computer screens, trying to process what she'd just learned along with Oliver and Felicity.

"He knew he was gonna die." Felicity whispered from her chair, saddened of what happened to her mother's boyfriend. "Okay, so maybe it won't hold up in court. But if we put this out there, it'll make the Darhk's lives a living hell."

"Actually, Felicity, a dying declaration is exempt from the hearsay rule." Oliver revealed.

"What?" Felicity and Thea asked in unison, trying to grasp what they just learned.

Oliver may not be well versed in the law book as Laurel was but he did enough research to know the basics when he came back from the Island over three years ago. "The Court states that if a witness who believes that they're dying, that means they have less incentive to lie." He explained. "Therefore, anything they say is..."

"You're telling us this is admissible in court?" Felicity asked.

"Along with the bank records of our new mayor paying the Demolition team for the attack on the mayoral debate, every damn word." He said confirming it. "It's the silver bullet to take down the Darhk's."

"Oh my god. The world has to know about this." Thea stated.

"The World and Laurel." Oliver declared. Just then his cellphone ringed inside his pocket. He went answer the incoming call."Yeah."

"Oliver, it's Laurel. I know what Darhk is planning to do with Star City. It's called Operation Genesis."