Chapter 1

🌹

Thank you for checking Jess's story. I hope you fall in love with her like I did.

Meeting at nights only brings the hardest times we wanted desperately to forget.

But we weren't aware that those times were exactly what we needed to become who we are.

I really didn't want to be at the coffee shop right now.

My friend's words are left unread as I remove my eyes from the pages finding it hard to focus.

Breathing in and out, I try not to let my head throbbing get in the way of my work.

What if I faint?

What if they saw me talking to myself?

It wasn't like anyone would find me anyway, I closed the place to keep it safe if I found myself falling asleep.

But are you safe?

I shake my head, I've always been so paranoid.

Everyone knows that this coffee shop closes at midnight, yet here I am;
I have the privilege to stay here because of my night shifts. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

2: 48 am.
The sound of the rain pouring.
My endless thoughts.

Claire and Richard kind of adopted me in their minds (they were the owners of the coffee shop) and I was— am really glad, grateful to have them around.
They do remind me of home.

The home I escaped a long time ago.

I let my eyes travel around the place, it's cozy, warm and welcoming. Something magical like history had built it, using pages and ruins and the blood of victims as first material.
The walls are a beautiful maroon, some paintings of wars and pain, of love and hate. It is definitely gorgeous and suitable for any artist lacking inspiration.

But for me, it is a place for brave people.

Those who get up and show their talent to others, who are not afraid of being artists, who aren't embarrassed by not meeting society 's expectations.

Those are heroes. I fucking love this place.

It has memories flowing around.

Memories, God, this word is such a bittersweet one. You never know whether it's meant to be forgotten or cherished.

Just like the past.

I flip the blank pages of 'Inked Sheets' unconsciously.
I wanted it to be filled with my wordless soul. Filled with screams within scribbled lines.

And chaos. Lots of it.

The table is so disorganized.

Get back to work, Jess.

" I wouldn't be me if it wasn't for him, yet I didn't even know who I was."

My own voice is shaking, I take notice of that, along with my eyes almost dropping off but I keep going,

"Tell me one more thing about you",