Pilot

"Salvation comes at a price

"Salvation comes at a price."

425 days.
425 days I've been prisoned on the ark.
A eat, sleep, pattern, hell even shit.

I draw the 426th tally on the high marked wall, almost running out of space. It's been a while since I've had any contact with my family. My mother died giving birth to me, so I never knew my mother. It was just me and my father, till one day I caught a high end fever. My father took me to our doctor Abby, who gave me medicine to help me feel better, but it wasn't enough. Later that week he stole more medicine to help me feel better. 4 days after the guards on the ark found out about what he did. They dragged me out of our unit and threw me in this dingy cell.

I never knew why I was the one to be thrown in a cell. I don't know what happened to my father that day, guards say he was floated, I don't believe he was, because he could've said goodbye.

Commotion was all the noise I hear as  everyone is yelling in their cells. I quickly stand up to find 2 guards behind my cell doors.

"Prisoner 162, on your feet" the buff one on my right says as he sets a box on my bed

"What's this? My time isn't up yet. I still have a year" I shout. Is Jaha finally getting rid of us? Is there no more oxygen left for us?

"Quiet. Hold your right arm out" he instructed me before forcefully taking my arm and snapping the device on my wrist. I exit my cell to see the other delinquents being forced out of their cells and into a drop ship.

The guards strapped me in the seat belts before looking around and turn away. I sigh.

"Hey" I turn my head to a girl who looks my age.
"Uhm, Hi? Do you know what's happening?" I say to her.

"Yea, there's 100 of us here. We're all being sent to the ground. Octavia Blake" she says

"Eleanor Syrus, nice to finally meet a new face around" I smile at her
"Yea, we don't get that often"

Me and Octavia begin to talk about everything when suddenly the dropship shakes, I'm guessing the change of atmosphere that we're on the way to earth.

The coms all flash on. Chancellor Jaha starts to speak, I spot Monty and Jasper to the right of me and smile at them as Jasper caught me staring.

"...As not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us. Indeed for mankind itself." I snicker

"Frankly, We're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable" he goes on