The Job Offer

The man and I made eye contact. I felt so allured to him, even though I didn't feel anything like that towards him. It felt like forever. A coworker of mine, (Friend No. 4), tapped me on the shoulder.

"What's wrong, thot?" she asked.

"Nothing. Have you seen that guy over there before?"

"Maybe, I don't know. I have Alzheimer's." she said jokingly.

I glanced back at him, but he was walking away. I went back to work, but that man was on my mind all day.

After my shift was done, I went to my car and checked my phone. It was on my Facebook Messenger. The name was Mark Zuckerburg. 'Isn't that the guy who made Facebook? Why is he messaging me?'

"Hello, I happened to see you at a Dunkin' Donuts at (Street Name) and (Other Street Name). I would like to be friends."

His message sent chills down my spine. How did he find me? I thought his eerie and hypnotic eyes, which made me shudder even more.

"How did you find me?"

"I have my ways. I've seen you somewhere else before, too. I believe it was when you were with Elon at Gusteau's."

I thought about that night. Our first and last real date.

"You used to be his personal assistant. It just so happens that I need one of my own. I am willing to pay you twice the amount that Elon Musk paid you."

This was all happening so fast. I thought about his job offer. I did need more money, I still have student loans to pay plus rent and utilities.

"I will accept your offer, just tell me how you know all this about me."

"A magician never reveals his secrets."