Mending the Wounded

I awoke in a daze, attempting to stretch but it seemed impossible. My arms and legs could not move. There were ropes bound around my wrists, envelopes, shoulders, ankles, knees, and upper thighs. There was also one around my waist. I struggled, only to get the response of a mock of laughter everywhere around me.

"Calm down, you'll only make your... Dire situation worse that it should be." The voice taunted. I glared at the air around me, unsure of where the voice was coming from.

The ropes were bound down to a rock, which was floating in the midst of the air. Only a chain and anchor kept it from drifting off. Suddenly, the chain snapped in a deafening crack. My eyes grew wide as the stone plummeted down. It stopped just in time to slowly place itself into the ground, preventing me from being in harm. Out of the darkness and fog, and strange animal padded out in front of me. It looked canine, but it was very large. It's ears were pointed, but occasionally flopped down. It was white with a few black splotches and speckles. I opened my mouth to speak, but it immediately snapped.

"DID I SAY YOU COULD SPEAK!?" He snarled at me, lunging forward, but he was held back by a chain. My eyes grew wide with fear, and I shook my head violently. He sat back down immediately. I heard a small clanking noise, and the chain was unhooked. The huge dog leapt into the air, shifting into a cloaked... Thing. I couldn't find a word to describe it. It was solid black, with a white luminous glow from pitch black eye sockets. It didn't seem to have a mouth, or a nose. It floated in the air, and it's cloak was black - torn and burnt in places. He look petrifying. He spoke in a very... Computerized tone.

"You. You are Ah... Ashtyn..? Correct?" It asked me eerily. I merely nodded.

"My name is Legend. Welcome to Hell." I shivered simply at hearing him say the word. He didn't move, except for the slow movement up and down as he was floating.

"I assume you're wondering why you are here?"

I nodded.

"You are here because you have been chosen to destroy the Alpha." It flatly explained. My eyes shifted with confusion.

"Why would I kill Alpha Colin..?" I murmured curiously.

"Because Alpha Colin is planning to kill you..." Legend muttered.

I gasped, and that's when the blackness dissolved me again.

Another scream of agony, and I was out.

A short chapter cx this is Chapter 2 btw guys!

If you're reading

Please

••••••••••••

Like 😃

••••••••••••

Vote 😘

••••••••••••

Share 😍

••••••••••••

Thanks guys!

-Woofie