Chapter 5: Sweetheart

"Are any of these females suitable to your liking, Your Highness?" A young vampire, Renaldo, had entered the prince's bedroom chambers with three beautiful, naked women.

            "Certainly not the one on the left. Too thin." The prince never looking up from his book as he said this. "Please have someone escort her to her vehicle, and make sure she doesn't blow away. It's quite windy outside..."

             The insulted woman on the left dumbfounded, was quickly escorted out of the room.

            Renaldo remained straight-faced and professional, even under the princes normal cruelness. "The remaining two, Your Highness?"

            "I asked for an athletic build. Not Biggest Loser candidates."

            "I apologize, Your Highness" The remaining women were quickly escorted out of the room before they exploded with anger. "Perhaps you could try and help me with the selection process downstairs, instead of reading in your bat cave, and avoiding your mother's attempts to finally get your seasonal royal attire fitted?"

            For a moment, the prince looked as if he was a deer caught in headlights, but quickly wiped his expression clean as a slate. "Don't antagonize me," the prince growled, flashing his large, white fangs in a small hiss. "I'll remind you, as I always remind all of you brainless servers, I'm much older and ruthless than I might appear, and my kindness can be extremely short lived. Know your place, Renaldo, there have been many before you who have not."

            The server bowed his head. "My sincere apologies, Your Highness." A bell rung outside of the bedroom chamber. "Perhaps this will make up for my improperness. There is one last top selection from downstairs that I made. She fits the description of what you require to eat most accurately. I was saving the best for last. Your lunch, sir." A group of servers came into the room, wheeling a large cart with a massive cover over the top. They uncovered the cart, and a flushed, barely dressed woman lay sprawled out for the prince's pleasure.

            The moment the cart was uncovered, the prince's mind had immediately shifted to the dark haired beauty, Violet Florentina.

            "Is she to your liking?" Renaldo asked, but his smile hinted that he already knew the answer. "This brainless server can return her to the wh*re room, if she is not," he quipped.

            "You've impressed me, servant, and you've used your words against me, well." The prince's eyebrows went up in shock. "I apologize for calling you brainless, Renaldo, you clearly didn't deserve it because this one is just...right." The feeder resembled Violet's body type almost identically, and his reaction to the feeder was nearly identical to his reaction to the hunter. His fangs began to ache with both hunger and desire, slowly extending from his gums. "Lunch in bed. Come, human." The prince snapped once, and the flushed girl  crawled onto the bed and willingly offered her neck to the overconfident royal. He sunk his fangs deep into her neck with a growl, his glacier eyes radiating with an immediate euphoria. The girl moaned loudly, pressing herself against the prince's muscular frame.

             Sure enough, the young woman went limp in his arms a minute or so later.

            "Dispose of the body--" Renaldo began promptly to the rest of the servers.

            "That won't be necessary this time." The prince slowly licked the wound on the girl's neck clean, then his lips. "I kept her alive. She fits my preference quite nicely. I want to keep her. Mark down her dress size when she awakes and keep her in the Red Room. You're all dismissed."

            Renaldo, the girl, and the servers both vanished from the room.

            The prince lay back on the bed, picking up his book again.

            "Good morning, Mr. Happy!" The dark chambers nearly lit to life with the prince's cheerful, smiling younger sister. Her short curly mop of sunshine blonde hair bounced as she jumped onto his bed.

            The prince muttered a curse under his breath, placing his book to the side again. "Knocking, Emilia. Knocking. Do you not remember that discussion we had a few weeks ago? What if I was naked?"

            "I've unfortunately walked in on worse, dear brother. I'm here to scold you about the royal fitter incident. Did you really have to kill her? I thought you were toning it down on the whole "murdering-everyone-who-gets-in-your-way-or-bothers-you" thing. She was supposed to fit me for my ball gown next month, and now my fitting has been pushed back until we find another seamstress."

            The prince swung his long legs over his bed, stood to his full, towering height. "That hag of a tailor," he began, quickly unbuttoning his shirt in the privacy of his closet and tossing it carelessly to the side, "had no family to miss her, smelled like onions, and poked holes in me like I was  a pin cushion. " He shivered disgustedly. "Let's not forget the fact that she paid extra attention to my crotch during our last scheduled fitting. I didn't shed one tear, nor did I think twice when I got rid of her."

            "You made a poor choice by killing her, Val."

            "True," he said, "but I've made many poor choices, none of which I regret. What is done, is done."

            "I'm not letting this go," Emilia pressed, her cheerfulness gone. "Her throat was ripped out with your teeth, and then she was tossed off of your balcony--" Abruptly, with a gasp, Emilia picked up the book on her brother's dresser. "Why on earth are you reading Dracula? When did you go to the library? Why didn't you take me with you? Do you have any idea how trapped I've been in this freaking place, because of the ball?" She slowly set the book down. "Were you..?"

            "No, I wasn't doing that, and keep your voice down," the prince whispered, clearly getting irritated. "I was...investing."

            "I don't want you getting involved with anything disgraceful to our family. Your next in line for the throne, Val."

            "Yes, well so was our father, and we both know how that turned out."

            Emilia went dead silent. "You're heart is effortlessly turning to ice, dear brother."

            He eyed his sister and sighed loudly. "Now you're mad at me. If you're upset, then why on earth have you come to me, in the first place? My hostility always flattens those lively golden curls on your head. You know better than to come to me when you want to be cheered up." The prince now wore his golden crown and traditional thick, black velvet, royal cape, with black dyed ermine fur around the collar and over his wide shoulders. Beneath his cape, he wore a silk dress shirt and vest, black slacks, and dress shoes.

            "I thought we were supposed to dine out in Chicago this afternoon? Where are you going?"

            "I have business to attend to. Go without me with Dimitri, and I'll meet you both later at the club."

            "What business?"

            "Emilia, everything is fine. We are honor." The prince cupped his sister's cheek. "We are blood. We are family..."

            "We are the dominate race. We bleed for our royalty..." she finished unenthusiastically, moving out of his grasp. "You worry me, Valentine."

* * *

Don't forget to vote and leave feedback, please!! <3