The Terrifying Hero

-5 day timeskip-

"Hey (Y/n)?" I looked up from fixing my suit as Saitama motioned for me in the kitchen. "It's been five days since we've debuted as a professional hero with Genos. There haven't been any serious incidents so far. So why is Genos staying at our house?"

"I have no idea, but you better put on a shirt before I lose it." I nervously laughed at the shirtless baldy before walking over to Genos. "What are you writing Genos?"

"I'm recording the details of Master's lessons and training regimen." I peaked over his shoulder to see detailed notes of Saitama reading a manga.

'Shit, he's raising the bar again...' I sweatdropped and glared over at Saitama as he shrugged and beat himself over what to teach Genos.

"By the way..." we looked over at Genos as he stared at Saitama. "At the seminar they said if you're a Class C hero and you have no hero activity for a week, your name will be removed from the Hero Registry. Will you be alright, Master?"

I saw the look of fear plastered on Saitama's face as he appeared in front of Genos sweating. "They said that??!"

"Yes." Genos simply said as I slowly got up to grab Saitama's suit.

"B-But I was watching TV and there wasn't anything going on!" I walked back into the room with the suit as I spoke up.

"The news only reports major incidents, like natural disasters, terrorism, and dangerous monsters Saitama." I notified him as Genos continued for me.

"You always fight the most powerful enemies, so you probably do not know it, but Class C heroes primarily take care of purse snatchers, robberies, and random attacks." Saitama's face got worse and worse as Genos continued. "With Class C so full of heroes, to survive they must actively look for cases to resolve. I hear many of them get discouraged and change careers. Like a salesman doing cold calls, nothing will come your way without legwork."

Saitama got up and screamed, "this is no time to be reading manga!!" He grabbed the suit from my hands as Genos stood up.

"So we're going?" Genos asked.

"You guys stay here! If I'm with Class S heroes, a Class C like me won't get any credit!" Saitama yelled at Genos as he zipped up his suit and put on his boots.

"But as your disciple—!" Genos whined as Saitama completely changed moods.

"Genos, from the beginning my intense desire to be a hero was what drove me to strength training. That's how I made it this far. For you, perhaps things will change if you aim higher as a hero." I smirked proudly as Saitama turned to look at Genos with a grin. "Frankly speaking, you're a cyborg, so training your body won't do. Instead, a change in mindset may lead you to greater strength."

After saying that, I narrowed my eyes at Saitama as he sweated profusely. He stared at the Manga on the floor as he stumbled over his words.

"S-So in other words... it's not about having raw power or technique. It's about training your mind. To do that, you must first fight your way through the professional hero industry. Aim to break into the top ten of the Class S heroes. That will be your goal for now." I deadpanned at Saitama as he walked away from us.

"I understand. I will try!" Genos yelled confidently as I facepalmed at the half-assery Saitama pulled.

Saitama was out the whole day and came back as I finished making ramen.

"Did you find anything?" I asked as he took off his suit and flopped down on the bed.

"Nope, I ran across all of the cities and found nothing. I'll go back out tomorrow and see if I can find anything." He explained as I brought the ramen out and sighed.