iv

Ausha tightly gripped the puppy's leash as he tried to chase a squirrel. On a whim the night before, she had called him Toothless without a thought, basing his appearance off her favourite movie ever, How to Train Your Dragon. David trailed behind her, his fingers nervously outlining the camera.

"You know, I don't think I want to really name him Toothless? Does it sound too generic to you? Or am I overthinking a silly name for him?" David looked up at the dark haired girl and laughed.

"You're fine Hux, I think you may be overthinking his name a tiny bit. Hey, while you're here, wanna film with me?" Ausha nodded and faced the boy, continuing to walk. "You're going to get hurt walking backwards."

Ausha ignored him and powered his camera on, holding it level with her chest. "Go ahead, start talking. Introduce yourself, tell us what you're doing." David laughed and took the camera out of her hand and held it in front of him.

"I'm editing that out, don't need them to know you ordered me to do this." Ausha laughed and continued watching him, joy taking over her features. "This is it, this is my first vlog. I don't know how long this is going to last, but I'm gonna give it a shot, I'm gonna try vlogging every day, every other day who knows, but I'm going to do it so subscribe to my YouTube channel."

Ausha smiled and watched David relax more each second he was in front of the camera. "Hey! This is my first vlog man!" David turned the camera to the man across the street. A distant 'fuck off' was caught, yet David wasn't even affected, he kept smiling and continued talking. "Alright, lets start vlogging, what a dick!"

Ausha was hunched over laughing at the encounter between the two. David's eyes widened at how beautiful she truly looked when she was laughing. Ausha stood up and wiped her tears. "Oh my god — oh my god you — he — he really told you to fuck off," Ausha clapped her hands and continued laughing. David turned the camera towards her as tears poured out of her eyes, he continued filming her laughing until she bumped into a trash can and fell over. Her dog yipped and David snorted, watching the dark haired girl roll on the ground, glad he had more footage to mash together for his very first vlog.

Ausha finally stood up and threw her arm over David's shoulder. "I'm so glad I came out here with you today," she snorted. David took the leash out of her hands and gave her the camera, strutting in front of her.

"Make sure to get this! I could make it a good outro for the vlog!" Ausha threw her head back in laughter and filmed the man-child dancing down the sidewalk.

━━☆⌒*

Ausha sat in her room and set her arms on her knees, glancing at the empty walls. "I should really put something up here, huh?" She asked her dog. "But the question is what. I don't want posters, I'm too lazy to create a theme for my room, and I'm too broke to do anything."

The nameless dog remained asleep on her mattress, causing Ausha to sigh. "I don't even have a bed frame either!" Her bedroom door busted open and Scotty greeted her with a solemn look. Ausha held her arms open and Scotty immediately found his way to her, breaking down in tears seconds after hugging Ausha. She didn't know what was upsetting her best friend, but she knew that as long as he was better off crying with her than he was crying alone.

The two best friends sat there on Ausha's floor for an hour, one crying, and the other comforting. Eventually the nameless dog joined the two on the wooden floor, bringing a small smile to Scotty's tear-stained face.

"What's his name?" Scotty questioned. Ausha looked down at the small black puppy in his lap and shrugged. "You should name him after the most important person in your life — me."

"I guess I could name him after you, but naming him after the most important comic book character in my life would be better."

"Yeah, and who's better than I am?"

"James Barnes, that's who, and you can bet your ass that his new name is Bucky." Scotty frowned and patted the dogs head lightly.

"Whatever, what time is it?" Ausha pressed her home button, ignoring the notification from David so she could check the time.

"It is currently 5:47, why?" Scotty stood up, leaving her warm embrace.

"I have a job, that's why." And with that, he was gone. Ausha checked her phone, opening the message from David.

dave 🌟
hey.

dave 🌟
what should i title my video?

hux 💫
well that depends, what did you film?

dave 🌟
well i went to my friends house

dave 🌟
i saw her dog, and i filmed it.

hux 💫
well of course you did.

hux 💫
anyways, use clickbait.

dave 🌟
wdym

hux 💫
like "WE MICROWAVED A DOG"

hux 💫
grab their attention!

hux 💫
clickbait baby!