v

She hit replay over and over until she passed out, hunched over her desk with the heat of the laptop warming her cheek. David had posted his video and Ausha just couldn't get enough. Sure, she had been there while he was filming some of it, but his smile was so dazzling and his laugh was so intoxicating, so she kept hitting replay to watch him do both again and again.

And that's how Scotty found his best friend: wrapped in a blanket, slouched over a laptop watching David's first vlog. Scotty shut the laptop and pulled Ausha's chair backward, lifting the girl up and helping her lay on her bed. The mattress creaked as she flopped on it, Scotty winced at the fact that she did not have a bed frame in her not so new room. Ausha curled into a ball and cuddled with her puppy, the one she still hadn't picked a name for.

Scotty closed her door and slid down the hall to his bedroom, greeting his girlfriend with a large smile. "I have an idea!" he announced. Kristen looked up from her book and pushed strands of her hair out of her face. She hummed and closed her book, allowing Scotty to continue. "We're going to get Ausha a bed frame!"

"Why's that?" Scotty tolled his eyes and jumped on the bed next to Kristen.

"Well, she's kind of poor. Also she's my best friend, my sister, and it's going to take her months to save up to buy a decent bed frame for herself! So if we get her one then she won't have to worry about it!" Kristen nodded her head and slipped off the bed. Scotty pouted and scrambled after her.

Kristen was out the bedroom door and down the hall before Scotty caught up to her. With shoes and a jacket in hand, she gave Scotty a look when he still didn't have pants on.

"Well? Are we going?"

____

Ausha woke up to David tugging at her ankles, begging for her to get up. He was whining like a five year old who wanted candy, and Ausha couldn't help the giggle that slipped past her lips when he stomped his foot. She rolled off the mattress and onto the cold hardwood floors, pulling the blanket tighter against her.

"Why are you throwing a fit?" She asked lazily.

"We're leaving and you wouldn't get up!" David whined, joining her on the floor. His hands rested together on his stomach, and Ausha admired his baby curls on top of his forehead, along with his long eyelashes, and soft eyes. David Dobrik was the most beautiful human she had ever seen, and she wanted to make sure he knew it too.

As soon as the words were about to leave her lips, David shot up and answered his ringing phone. Ausha pulled herself up and ruffled her hair, ignoring the feeling bubbling in the pit of her stomach. David stood up and grabbed her hands, her fingers tingling at the touch, but the tingling disappeared as he let go, telling her to get dressed. David left the room, shutting the door behind him so she could get dressed.

Ausha clipped the leash on her puppy's collar and rugged on it, alerting him that they were leaving. The puppy yipped and jumped off the bed, clearly excited at the chance to leave the house. Ausha dropped his leash and let him wander while she made herself chicken noodle soup. David was unclear on how soon they had to leave the house, so she settled down and made herself dinner, waiting for him to pop back up and scare her.

"C'mon we gotta go!" David shouted. Ausha paused mid bite and dropped her spoon back in the bowl. With a grunt she pushed her chair back and put her soup in the fridge, meeting David near the front door and taking her puppy out of his arms. The two stepped out of the house and David led Ausha to his run down car, holding the passenger door open for her.

Ausha giggled and lowered her head in mock respect, before sliding into the car. David ran around the car and jumped into the front seat, giving Ausha one of his charming smiles.

"Where are we going?" Ausha asked David softly. David looked over at her, watching the poor girl shiver when her dog couldn't provide enough heat for her.

"Well," David said, pulling one of his hoodies out from the backseat. "We're going to Chipotle, and you, you are going to wear this hoodie since Alex broke the heater in my car!"

"Hey so I saw you used clickbait for your first video! I'm so proud of you for taking my advice," Ausha said, wiping away a fake tear. David threw his head back and laughed, causing a giant smile to spread across Ausha's face.

"It was a good idea, I think I'm going to continue using clickbait so I can get more views!"

"Or – stay with me here – you can use it because it's funny?" David pulled into a parking spot and gave Ausha a disappointed frown.

"Yeah but where's the fun in that?" Ausha rolled her eyes and picked up her dog, holding him close as they entered Chipotle.

"Do you think he's allowed in here?" She whispered to David. They stepped forward and Ausha eyed the worker as they got closer to the counter.

"Probably not," David whispered back, watching the horror spread across the girls face. "If you tell me what you want I'll order for you and you can just sit in the car and wait?" Ausha nodded and told David her order, hurriedly taking the keys hanging from his long fingers, and running outside to the car.

Ausha sat in the passengers seat and stared at her dog. Part of me wants to name you after David, she thought. But the other part of me wants to name you something better. Ausha debated a name for the small dog a while longer until David knocked on her window, forcing the girl to jump in surprise.

"It's kind of cold out here!" He shouted. "Please open the door!" Ausha laughed and unlocked the car, allowing David to put the food in the backseat before he ran around to get in the front seat. Ausha locked the car doors quickly and quietly, pushing all emotion away, forcing herself not to laugh as David tried to get in the car. His whining won eventually, and Ausha cracked, unlocking his door for him.

David, who was giving her the silent treatment, eventually pulled into Scotty's driveway and pulled the keys out of the car. He grabbed the food and unlocked the front door of the house, letting himself in, and leaving Ausha our. Ausha stared at the door, and looked back at her dog. "Since when did he get a key to the house?" She asked him.

Ausha slammed the car door behind her as she got out, she swung open the front door and sighed dramatically, letting her dog on the ground before closing the door with her food. The sound of a leash dragging on the wooden floors echoed through the house, David wasn't in the kitchen, nor the living room, so Ausha rolled her eyes and trudged to her room. Pushing the door open with her hip, she threw her purse on the ground and almost tripped over the much too happy dog that made his way into her room.

Looking up from her shoes, Ausha gasped at the sight in front of her. Scotty, Kristen, David and a few other people she didn't know stood in her room, smiling at her. Ausha's eyes trailed over to the bed in the corner of her room, the red wood bed frame catching her attention. Ausha silently asked Scotty if he did it, a look only he understood, and as soon as he nodded, Ausha jumped in his arms.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" She yelled in his ear. Scotty laughed and pointed to his girlfriend.

"She said you would like it the best! It wasn't all me!"

Ausha looked at Kristen and opened her arms, waiting for a hug. Kristen squeezed the life out of Ausha, and Ausha returned the favour. The unknown people in the room began introducing themselves as friends of both David and Scotty, apparently they had helped build the farm since Scotty didn't want to. Ausha gave everyone hugs, and the room eventually cleared out, leaving her alone with the boy giving her the silent treatment.

David sat criss-cross on Ausha's bed with the bag of Chipotle in his hand. He held the bag up as an invitation to eat, and Ausha sat next to him, pulling out her rice bowl from the bag.

"Scotty texted me and asked for me to take you out of the house. Said he had the frame but needed you out for thirty or so minutes. So I got us food while getting to spend time with you, a win-win!" Ausha laughed and set her head on David's shoulder.

"That was very sweet of you!" David looked at the puppy begging to be let on the bed.

"So have you finally named him?" He asked through a mouthful of food. Ausha nodded.

"Yeah actually, I decided his name should be Clickbait," she spoke in a whisper, a smile creeping onto her face. "Or Click, for short."