3.1

Real Life

Sofia is not in good shape

Sofia is not in good shape. She was right. If she relapsed again it'd be worse than before. Savannah hasn't left her sisters side. She hates seeing her sister laying in a hospital bed. She looks so pale. It makes Savannah want to cry looking at her.

She did have another relapse. It fucking sucks. Cancer fucking sucks. Her sister is sleeping. Savannah is sitting in a chair next to her bed. She always forgets how young she is. 13 is young. She's not even in high school yet.

"Savannah," She here's her mom says, "you need to eat sweetie."

"I'm not hungry." Savannah answers.

Savannah's mom walks up to her and wraps her arms around her. "Honey, I know you want to stay by her side, I do too, but we have to keep our selves healthy so we can focus on getting her heathy again."

"We has a talk before Thanksgiving. She said she felt like this was going to happen. It did. She's never been this worse. Even at her worse."

"All we can do is pray and do everything we possibly to make her better."

"Okay."

Savannah gets up kisses her sisters head and walks with her mom to get some lunch.

"Just an FYI, I may have told someone to come here and talk to you." Her mom tells her.

"Who?"

"You'll see."

They walk to the cafeteria and Savannah sees someone talking with her dad. As she gets closer she sees it's Jace. Her dad sees Savannah and her mom and gets up.

"Honey, talk to him." Her dad tells her and him and her mom go back to Sofia's room.

Savannah sits across from Jace. They stay quiet for awhile till Jace speaks up.

"How's Sofia?" Jace ask.

"A little better. Not the best, but better."

"That's good, well not ideal. At least she's better."

"Yeah."

The two stay quiet for longer. It was never awkward before but now it obviously is.

"Savannah, I just want to let you know. Nothing happened between me and Jenna before we started dating. I promise." Jace says.

"It shouldn't have bothered me anyways. We weren't together."

"No, we weren't, but we were something."

"Well, you're happy with Jenna now, right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"You guess?"

"I started dating her because I wasn't with you."

"I like her. She's very beautiful. She's just not you."

"Jace..."

"Listen Savannah. I really like you. Or I did. I don't know. Jenna is nice and pretty, I'm just not in love with her."

"She's obviously in love with you. You should stay with her. She makes you happy."

"Yeah she does. But you made me more happy."

"I'm not going to be the reason why you two break up. Stay with her. If you break up for a different reason. Call me."

"Savannah..."

"Bye Jace."

Savannah gets up from the table and starts to walk back to her sisters room. Sofia is awake and Savannah smiles at her. Her parents can tell that her talk with Jace didn't go as they planned. They aren't going to talk about it here. They are going to spend time as a family. Because who knows how much longer they have together.