Meeting her {downstairs}

October 2924

"Oh Anna," Mrs Hughes gasps, "She's beautiful!"

"Thank you." I say. I cannot stop smiling.

"What are you calling her?" Daisy asks, coming out of the kitchen.

"Eloise Victoria Bates." John answers.

"That's such a pretty name." Daisy smiles.

"What time was she born at again?" Mrs Hughes asks me. She wants to record it.

"October 19th,1924,at 10:20pm." I end up telling her the whole thing.

"Yes, I know she was born 2 weeks ago. I just wanted to know the time." She laughs.

"Just incase you forgot." I joke.

John takes her from me and into my room. I follow him.

"Thought she'd better look spiffy when the upstairs gang meets her." He tells me.

"Then I'll pick out the outfit." I smile.

I go into the drawer and pull out a pale pink frock with embroidered white flowers on the bottom. On the collar there is white trim. It was a present from Lady Mary. I grab a tiny pair of white socks and white strap shoes. These were all presents from Lady Mary.

"Do you want to get her dressed?" I ask him.

"My pleasure." He answers.

As he gets her dressed,I overlook my beautiful girl. She has white-blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She has cream-coloured skin and rosy pink cheeks. Everyone says she's a spitting image of me. I believe them.