Sybie,George and Eloise

January 1925

Three months old. Eloise is already three months old! She was aloud to stay in the nursery with Miss Sybie and Sir George while John and I work. Once and a while I would sneak a peek at them. Miss Sybie is obsessed with Eloise! She calls her "Elsie" and is always hovering over her. She insists on helping out with the nanny. She is always begging to feed her,play with her,even change her nappy. The nanny lets her feed her,and sometimes play with her.

Sir George is distant from her. He gazes through the cradle bars and sometimes pets her hair. He is usually occupied with his tin soldiers or wooden cars.

Eloise is extremely alert. She is always looking around and is very interested in everything.

----------------------------------------------

As I was passing the nursery,I heard Miss Sybie talking to Sir George and Eloise.

"Georgie! You can't do that!" She cries.

"Why?" He questions.

"Elsie doesn't like it! Don't poke her head!" She instructs.

"I'm not. I'm playing." He giggles.

"You can't play with her hair! She has none!" Miss Sybie says,getting angry.

"She does so!" He argues.

"It's not long enough to do!" She huffs. "Here. Put a bow on the top."

"Ok." He agrees. I hear some movement and a clap from Miss Sybie.

"Goody. Now she looks nice. Don't you Elsie?" She coos.

I smile. Miss Sybie is such a good helper.