Loving These Streets Chapter One

9 Years Before

I could hear our next door neighbor Ms. Kayla and her husband arguing.

It was far from new because I lived in the projects.

It was just another night to me being that I've been living in the projects since I've been born.

Tonight it was arguing but any other night you would hear yelling because somebody was getting jumped or shooting.

Walking to my window I fiddled with the lock leaving it cracked a little. Laying back down in my bed I looked over.

"I don't know why she keep putting up with his shit." Cameron fussed making a palette on the floor.

It had became a usual thing ever since Ms. Kayla and his step-daddy Jonathan had gotten together.

"What happened this time?" I asked turning on my side to look at him.

Coming over to my house everynight he made a palette because he could trust our floors.

To say we had lived in the projects my mama kept her house up to date.

She made sure there weren't any bugs around around hear. We had one of the most good looking houses.

"He used the rent money on some bitch." He said looking disgusted. Smacking his teeth I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

I knew he was sick of the drama he had to go through because Ms. Kayla couldn't attract the right men.

"I'm going to get my mama out the hood." He mumbled taking a quick glance at him confused.

"How Cam where only eight and that's a no go on getting a job." I expressed.

We where eight years old which wasn't old enough to get a job I couldn't even get into the movies by myself so I knew he couldn't get a job yet.

"Cameron where are you going to get a job at eight at?" I asked

"I'm going to sell drugs, I'm going to sell so many drugs and be so powerful my mama will never have to worry about niggas like Jonathan.

"I'm going to be there every time making shre nithing happens." I smiled yawning.

Me and Cameron is the best of friends have been since we where in Kindergarten.

•••
8 Years Later

•••

My name is Star James and I'm seventeen years old living in New Orleans.

For me everything ain't as it seems. I live with my mama who's a crackhead who rarely cares for my well-being.

While my father is out playing daddy to his wife kids in Lafayette. Leaving me with my mama.

•••

Today was unfortunately Monday which meant school.

It was six: fifteen and school started at about seven: thirty. Which leaves me with enough time to do all I need to do.

Walking out my room to the only bathroom I stripped out my pajamas stepping in the shower.

Turning the water on the hot water caused my skin to relax.

After about fifteen minutes which the time stated that it was six: thirty. Brushing my teeth I washed my face again.

Walking in my room I dried my body off with the plush pink towel my mama had bought.