I was born

I didn't scream. I didn't cry. I was rushed to machines that would keep me alive for the next 2 months. The first words my dad said when I was born were, he's breathing.
I don't remember what my moms words were but it was something asking about how I was doing.
I spent my first 2 months in neonatal intensive care. My father held me first, mostly because I think he just really needed to and my mom realized that. It was 18 days after I was born until either of my parents could hold me.

It cost over 1 million dollars to keep me alive for 2 months when I was born. To keep me alive until I was big enough to survive on my own outside of the hospital care. I was 12 weeks premature. My birth weight was 2 lbs. 12.5 ozs.  I don't remember my length but it was around 12 inches. I have a photo somewhere with my dads size 11 wedding ring around my upper arm. Like I'm wearing it as an armband but it's still too big. I was very tiny and fragile.

I might delete this following part later. I don't know right now. The way I feel right now, the million dollars plus that it cost to keep me alive so I could become what I am right now was a horrible waste of money. I can't even begin to imagine how many other babies were born around the same time I was that died but I survived. Those that died could have done something worthwhile and been a good investment of so much money.
I should have been left to die