The Deal

"I can't pick up! I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to dangerous stuff like that!"

"It's just a little bit of weed, Anya. My Boss needs it."

"Your Boss! Don't drag me into this gang war shit, Cray!"

Our argument echoed in his mother's Victorian living room. A little bit of weed. My boyfriend was a dirt bag, I fell in love with him when I was 15 and now I'm stuck with him, like a barnacle that won't budge.

Cray was in with the wrong sort, you could say. He was a drug dealer, gang leader's ass eater.

"Please, Baby. All you have to do is get it from The Greens car park at 12am. You give the man £10 and receive the G from him then you can go."

"I'll do it... but you owe me big time."

I rolled my eyes. That's how I'm stood in the freezing cold. Late at night. In the middle of a car park.

My name is Anya and I'm 18. I hate my life, it's dangerous and I have no friends. I pushed everyone away because I wanted to be with Cray. My mother doesn't even talk to me anymore.

I've always been told I'm pretty. Pretty plain. Brown curly hair. Brown eyes. I used to be good at maths and I'm pretty smart. I never get to use it though I dropped out of school and Cray supports me. Another reason I can't leave him.

The air was sharp to the lungs. I was so cold that I couldn't help but bounce on my toes and wrap my coat around me.

2 3 : 5 9

Cold.

0 0 : 0 0

A black car pulled up. This didn't seem like Cray's gang. I stood where I was told and waited for the car to pull up. It was sleak and clean. The dim street lights shimmered on it's black coating almost reflecting onto the rough pavement.

The windows were blacked out but I felt eye contact with someone in the back seat. As the car pulled up, my heart started to race. I felt nervous.

The car stopped and the window rolled down.

"You're not Cray."

My breath hitched.

"I'm Anya, Cray's girlfriend."

The man driving scared me. He was meant to be intimidating. I heard a deep mutter after I spoke from the back seat. I tried to peak at who was back there Until the man's head snapped back to me.

"Do you have the money?"

"yes." I pulled the note out of my pocket.

"Okay get in the car."

"What! I wasn't told anything about-"

"Get in the Car little girl!" the man snapped. So I quickly walked around to the other side of the car and went to sit in the front.

"In The Back."

As I approach I see a figure through the dark window. My hand twitched as I opened the back door hesitantly.

The figure was a small bald man. Just as scary as the guy in the front, I froze to stare at him.

"Get in Anya." He spoke in a low cold voice. I quickly scrambled into the car.

"Yes," I squeaked "I have the money so could I just get the weed and go."

"You're the money."

"what's that supposed to mean?" I raise my brow and cross my arms.

"Let's go Baz." The bald man signalled and the car started moving.

"What! What's going on?" I started to panic. "Open this door now and let me go!" I shout.

"No can do. Our boss can decide what happens to you."

"I'm calling the police." I pull out my phone. The bald man snatched it out of my hand and threw it out the window.

"What are you doing!" I screamed "That cost me 3 months wages!"

"Just Shut it. If you want to live."

I tensed up and gripped onto the hem of my tight skirt and fiddled with it throughout the long journey. I decided making a fuss and struggling would lead to me dead in a ditch.