twenty seven

taehyung pov
"you're good to be discharged kiddo" the doctor says with a reassuring smile. jungkook gives a small smile and nods, "thank you"

"i'll leave you two alone for a while," the doctor says, "and then you can pack up and get ready to head back home." he's about to exit the room when he suddenly pulls me by the arm and softly says to me, "take good care of him kid. he's very fragile and i found out this isn't his first time being in a hospital for a suicide attempt."

my heart skips three beats and i feel my whole world crashing down when i hear that. tears start to well up my eyes but i quickly blink them away and nod, "thank you"

i wipe the tears away from my eyes and turn back to jungkook who's struggling to get up. "careful careful" I quickly say and help him get up. once he's sitting up straight, I look at him and he looks at me with his beautiful eyes that are telling me hundreds of stories. there's so much pain hidden inside those eyes. the more I look at him, the more sadder his eyes get. that's when I realise tears are struggling to fall from his eyes. "I'm so sorry taehyung"

"shhh," i hug him "stop apologising. you did nothing wrong." "no taehyung," he sniffs "i exist taehyung. that's where i went wrong. my existence is a fucking offence. i made you worry about me and go through so much shit. everything i do is wrong. my parents died because of me taehyung. if only that night i hadn't called my dad while he was driving, they wouldn't have gotten into an accident in the first place. i'm responsible for their death taehyung. i am responsible. and with jimi-" he suddenly cracks and stops his sentence. tears don't stop falling from his eyes and my heart feels like it's being stepped on repeatedly.

"jungkook stop. calm down. you did nothing wrong. we don't have control over things like this jungkook. everything happens for a reason and you should understand that. you're so much more than you think please don't think otherwise. i don't want to see you like this, it aches my heart." i say in hopes of making him feel somewhat calmer, but it doesn't seem to work.

he pulls me in for a tight hug and cries. i feel him trembling and shaking. my hands wrapped around his fragile body. it makes me afraid on how breakable this boy is. it feels like i'm holding a new born baby and trying my best to not drop it on the floor. i close my eyes and a tear rolls down my left eye.

jeon jungkook. you deserve so much better than this.