Part 2

Hi friends,

Hope you all are fine.

*****

The three families were desperately waiting for Chakor.. They were tensed as the guests started complaining. "Its so late. Will the wedding even start?"

Chakor finally arrived at the wedding. She straight away goes to her parents and hugs them. She was very happy to meet them after such a long time while her parents were worried.

Suraj's family and Bhuka just looked at them tensed. They go from their to Suraj to give them some space.

Chakor : mummy papa I missed you so much. How are you both?

Sharmishtha : we are fine beta. How are you?

They broke the hug.

Chakor : I'm super. Don't worry. But I need to tell you something.

Shekhar : about?

Chakor : I got married. Just came to take your blessings.

Sharmishtha and Shekhar : What??? 😱😱😨😨

Shekhar : how can you this? How can you take such a big decision without informing us.

They shouted at her. Chakor wasn't shocked. She expected this reaction only from her parents.

Chakor : relax.. Jocking. Why you are taking so much stress?

Sharmishtha and Shekhar releases a breath of relief but they both were still scared thinking what will happen when they will tell her about Taani and if she'll agree to marry Suraj.

Sharmishtha : Chakor come inside we need to talk to you.

Chakor : why?

Sharmishtha : just come.

Chakor : we reached our room. Now tell what happen.

Sharmishtha takes a breath and told Chakor everything. She was shocked.

Chakor : What? How can they do this and that too on the day of wedding. Mummy now what will happen?

Shekhar : Chakor you can save everything.

Chakor become confused : me but how?

Sharmishtha : please get married to Suraj.

Chakor become shocked while Sharmishtha was scared. They both had an emotional conversation.

Chakor : mom what are you saying? I cannot get married to Suraj. I hardly know him and he was going to marry my cousin so how can I marry him?

Shekhar : Chakor, Suraj and his family is very nice. They are open minded, well reputed family and are perfect for you. Please trust us Chakor. We won't just throw you to anyone just for the sake of honor and family reputation. Suraj is a gem. He and his family will keep you very happy. We took this decision after thinking a lot.

Sharmishtha : Haan Chakor please..

Chakor (interrupts her) : no mom and dad. Please don't force me to do this. I don't want to marry a stranger. I have my dreams. I don't want to destroy them.

Sharmishtha : Chakor your dreams won't be destroyed. They won't stop you from doing anything...

Chakor : mom I don't even how he looks. He also don't know anything about me. Why should we both get punished for someone else's mistake?

Suraj's side,

Suraj and his family were eagerly waiting for Chakor's answer.

Tejaswini : will Chakor agree to marry Suraj?

Kamal Narayan : I don't know. We can just wait here. If she refuses then we cannot do anything. We cannot force her to marry Suraj.

Suraj : papa is right. I don't think she'll agree to marry some stranger whom she hasn't even met. I understand her. Even I cannot agree to it.

"Bhaiyya" Radhika said coming inside...

They come towards her.

"What happened Radhika. Radhika say something what happened"

Radhika : mom dad Chakor agreed.

All family members especially Suraj were shocked and happy.

Suraj and his parents : what??

Radhika : Haan she agreed. She will come in half an hour.

Kamal Narayan : its a great news. Thank God.

Tejaswini : Come. We should go. Its already so late.

Kamal Narayan : haan..

They went to the mandap with Suraj and the guests priest started performing the rituals.

In Chakor's room,

Sharmishtha and Chakor's sisters and friends were helping Chakor.

Sharmishtha : thank you Chakor. Today you saved our honor. I know what you are doing is really big and thanks is really small in front of it but I don't know what else to say.

Sharmishtha and others kept on praising Chakor, talks about other things but Chakor didn't replied. She was lost in her own world. She agreed to marry Suraj as she cannot see her parents begging in front of her and getting humiliated in front of the society but now she is too scared. She cannot think straight.

She don't have any idea how Suraj and his family is, how will they treat her, what her life will be, will they let her fulfill her dreams, she never in her life thought about getting married then how will she manage everything.

"Chakor" Sharmishtha shakes her calling her name.

Chakor : hmm?

Sharmishtha : where are you lost?

Chakor : nowhere.

Sharmishtha : you are ready beta. See how beautiful you are looking.

She put a tikka behind her ear to protect her from evil eyes.

Chakor looks at herself in the mirror. She was indeed looking extremely beautiful. Dressed in a beautiful heavy bridal lehenga and ancestral jewellery and bridal make up. Its true that a girl looks more beautiful on her wedding day.

Sharmishtha : come beta.. They all are waiting.

Chakor nods her head. No one knows how she was feeling. She was shivering from inside.

They cover her head with the veil and goes out. Everyone looks up and finds Chakor on the stairs. Chakor's family took her to the mandap and made her sit beside Suraj.

Suraj suddenly felt something strange. He can't explain in words. He can sense her nervousness but how? He don't know know.

(Friends I don't know much about how an actual marriage is conducted so sorry if I wrote something wrong)

Soon priest asks Chakor's father to do her kanyadaan.

Her father gave Chakor's hand in Suraj's while the priest was chanting mantras.

They both felt shivers passing their bodies just by a simple touch.

Then priest asked someone from Chakor's family to do their gathbandhan then asked them to get up for the Phere.

After the phere, they both sat down on their places. The priest continued the rituals.

Suraj filled Chakor's maang and made her wear mangalsutra.

The priest declared the marriage to be completed.

*****