1

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

"Will you stop that?"

My head snapped back, a common side effect of a rude awakening. "Huh?" I puffed, made uncomfortable by the mess of raven locks plastered across the bridge of my nose. Garroth sat the opposite couch, legs sprawled, an annoyed expression on his face. He sighed as if releasing the negativity, a small smile spreading on his shadowed face.

It's been three weeks since we successfully escaped Starlight. After Irene rightfully sacrificed herself (finally) so that Aphmau may have complete control over her own fate, we boarded a ship carrying guards to and from the islands. Currently, we're in Lover's Lane, but we knew that we can't stay here. We've been here for too long already.

Tomorrow we're going to leave, Aph and Aaron got all their pets and everyone's got their most important necessities. Early morning we're leaving before the sun even rises. We found two small tour bus of sorts, each has bunk beds and a living space. The last few days have just been us selling the furniture, making money. Well.. not us. Mom and Dad decided that we were going to have to separate with the rest of the group. They always were protective of us, makes me kinda wish I had accepted their proposal back when Melissa was alive. Poor Aaron.

Tomorrow might be the last time I'll ever see Nana.

I look at the clock : 17:48

I sighed yet again, I'm beginning to think it might just become a bad habit. Or a coping mechanism. "Hey," Garroth began, a sort of anxious tone to his voice, "We'll see them again you know, it won't be goodbye. Plus we still got a couple more hours."Garroth could always tell these things about me, and although I didn't feel like it, I turned to my brother and smiled. " Thanks, Garroth."

He smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

Shuffling and footsteps behind the door snapped Zane out of a trance he didn't even notice he was in. The door opened.

"Hi Zane"

Even Nana's dawn-tinted plume of hair seemed to be influenced by the stress, unquestionably a rare sight to see. Her golden eyes muted, yet just as bright as usual stared at him behind her thick eyelashes. Irene, I'll miss those eyes. Her cherry blossom lips curled in charmingly, she would miss him too.
I stepped inside as she widened the doorway, embracing her immediately.
Tears start rushing down our faces. Stumbling, glued together, I kicked the door shut as we made our way to the couch. I crashed onto the couch and desperately clawed my mask off. Our lips connected spontaneously, my tongue rushing into her mouth frantically. Our bodies hot, curling around one another, embedding each other to our memories.

We separated, panting. "I'm staying with you." It was final, accordingly serious. Startled, it took me several moments to reply. "What?" I swore silently, I sounded ridiculous. Her now messy hair bounced as she shook her head. "I'm not leaving you. Not after we faced so much." She vocalised confidently, at that moment I realised I really couldn't change her mind. I chuckled deeply. Her eyes widened. "What?" I asked, laughing.
"I just," she exploded, giggling, her shoulders bouncing. "I assumed you would establish more of a struggle then that!". Before you know it we were clutching our sides as our roaring laughter tore within us.

All attention of the following day gone, we spent the rest of the day playing games, baking, and watching films as we snuggled close to one another. We collapsed asleep in Nana's bedroom, spooning tightly.