Part 5

*** Mature content, trigger warning of rape, smut scene, Adult Language***                

Faith was snapped back to herself, when she heard her phone chime with Messenger. She grabbed her phone and was surprised to see the little picture that was Hunter's profile pic. She was nervous to open the app. She put her phone face down on the counter and went back to finishing the prep for dinner. She kept sneaking glances at it though, as she chopped and added the veggies to the salad she was making.

"No. I'm not going to check it," she thought.

But she couldn't help the curiosity that plagued her. Why had he messaged her? What did he want? It had been ten years since they had spoken. Yet all it took was a friend request and a message to bring her right back to him again.

"No," she thought again. "I've moved on and left that behind me."

But even as she thought that, she was snatching her phone off the counter, and checking her messages.

RichHuntsman: Hey Faith. Long time no see.

How should she respond? Even as she was thinking that, another chat bubble popped up.

RichHuntsman: Thanks for accepting my friend request. I've been thinking a lot about you lately.

As of tonight, so had she. But that was brought on by his re-entrance into her life, she had actively tried forgetting him for the last ten years.

FaithRhodes: Why, after all these years, are you contacting me?

RichHuntsman: Like I said, I've been thinking about you and how things ended between us. I've wanted to tell you for years, that I'm sorry.

FaithRhodes: Oh really...?

RichHuntsman: You're still upset after all this time, huh?

"Really Hunter?" she said out loud, glaring at her phone. "I'm the one who was hurt the most, and you have the nerve to ask if I'm still mad."

She tossed her phone on the counter in disgust at that. But then she decided she wanted to get something off her chest, and then she would end all contact.

FaithRhodes: You really hurt me 10 yrs ago. You crushed an innocent 17 y.o. heart with your actions. You were a real asshole back then. I'll accept your apology, but I hope you realized that while your 'sorry' is a good step, you have a lot to atone for.

Dammit, why was she letting him suck her back in? She should just tell him to go to hell and be done with it. But at the same time, meeting with him, and telling him off to his face would be even better. "Fine," she decided.

FaithRhodes: Ok, fine.

RichHuntsman: You sound so enthusiastic. LOL. I'll be waiting until then. ;)

She rolled her eyes, smiling against her will. Stupid, jackass.

RichHuntsman: Hey send me your number, and I'll text you when I get in.

Against her better judgement, she sent him her information. Then closed out the chat window. But curiosity got the better of her, and she opened the Facebook app on her phone. If she was going to meet up with him, she would need to do a little reconnaissance. 'Time to indulge in a little profile stalking,' she decided, digging into her salad.