Adoration

Words: 739

If Newt didn't know it was true, the poor man would be so lost and confused. But every moment she turned away- the girl he adored, completely and utterly loved- he couldn't help but admire her. He would laugh when she tried to pick something up, putting a supportive hand under her stomach and wobbly squatting down to pick something up. Even when two seconds later she plopped herself on the ground with a frustrated sweat, he found her adorable.

(Y/n) was carrying his child. Inside of her, there was a growing, living being. She was growing and nourishing his child. He already loved her before- but this- this he could hardly handle. Newt could just barely look at her, see her waddling around with this giant, stretched belly, and his entire chest would clench and twist in on itself with so much love and affection it was painful.

And to think- his child. He was going to be a father, a secret ambition. Easy to pick up on, really, if you paid attention to his life style- but he never spoke about it out loud. 

Newt could already tell the baby was going to be a trouble maker, just from how much they would kick and flail and overall cause their mother discomfort. Thinking about it always made Newt chuckle to himself, because he would remember the time Tina had gotten what might have been the biggest scare of her life.

Newt had been softly rubbing oils into (Y/n)'s belly- when all of a sudden, a small little hand stuck out. You could see every little finger of the baby's hand. Poor Tina had just clambered down the stairs to bring down one of Queenie's soups (the one that (Y/n) adores, of course) when she turned around and saw a small little hand sticking out from underneath the skin of one of her closest friends.

The poor woman shrieked and dropped the soup, before bursting out in laughter when the little hand disappeared, much to Newt's disappointment. It was, however, an overall hilarious situation in the moment.

Suddenly, Newt was drawn from his thoughts and memories. A loud crash and small shriek had just called his attention from the shack. He looked down to the Demiguise he cradled, and upon meeting eyes with the creature, gently placed him on the ground. Dougal patiently sat where he was, watching with the usual wide eyes as Newt darted off towards the loud noise.

Skidding to a stop outside the door, Newt entered his home to find his heart stop for just a moment. Curled up on the floor, (Y/n) had a hand pressed to her forehead. She cried, and cried, weeping to herself over who knows what as a broken flower vase lay forgotten by her bare feet.

"Dear?" Newt softly called, eyes glued to (Y/n)'s shaking body. "What happened?"

A sob left her body, and she threw her hands to her sides, staring up at him with big, blood shot eyes and a quivering lip, "I can't do this anymore. I am so ready  for this to be over with."

Swallowing a sigh, Newt shuffled forward before carefully seating himself on the floor in front of her, prepared to listen.

"Being pregnant- it, it's awful. I was so ready to have that beautiful pregnancy glow but my hips hurt and I keep throwing up over the smallest things- and I've gained so much weight I can't fit into any of my old clothes," (Y/n) complained,  completely and utterly frustrated  with everything and everyone in the world.

"Your hips still hurt?" Newt asked quietly, reaching forward to gently rub her knee. "When was the last time you took your potion?"

Another frustrated, angry sob passed (Y/n)'s lips as she cried and stared at the floor, "I forgot."

Newt knew this really wasn't the time to smile and adore her, but by God, he couldn't help it. A small grin came over his face, and his grip on her knee tightened a bit as he watched her shake. If she was complaining, he knew she was alright. If she wasn't complaining- then he knew it was bad.

"It's alright, love," He comforted her, the glint never leaving his eye. "I'll fetch it for you."

Another tear slid down (Y/n)'s face, but she nodded as her gaze stayed glued to the wood beneath her, "Okay."

Standing up with a small huff, Newt bent forward and pressed a tender kiss to his lover's hair. Goodness, how he loved her.

(The whole hand thing is based off of a story of when my mother was pregnant with me. Apparently, I just stuck my hand out and left it there while she was super far along, and freaked out a waitress while my parents were at Apple Bees.)