Chapter 23

Nicole's P.O.V

When we got back I unpacked Ghost and gave him some treats. Instead of putting him in a stall I put him out in the pasture. Logan followed my lead and put Elli and Cookie in the same pasture as Ghost.

Uncle John had sandwiches prepared for lunch. We all sat around the island eating the sandwiches. "So Nicole about last night sorry if that's a touchy subject about your mom and the other person?" "Your fine I just was kinda tired and just decided to go to sleep." Logan looked at me with non believing look. I shrugged my shoulders and put my dishes up.

I changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I slipped on my new boots and walked back out slide hoping uncle John was around or something.

I found John in the barn grooming Piper. "Uncle John?" "Yes doll." "Could you teach me how to um.... barrel race?!" John looked up from what he was doing and stared at me.

"You want me to what?" He didn't look mad he looked shocked. "I want you to teach me how to barrel race." He sets down his grooming stuff and leans against Piper.

"I don't know Nicole that takes a lot of time to learn how to do it and we only have you for the first month of summer? I don't know how that'd work." "Well I could work really hard while I'm down and then when I'm away I could study it? Please I really want to learn."

"I'll think about it. Now you need to head in your mother wants to call." "Ok thank you so much uncle." I kissed his cheek and ran to the house.

-----

When I got to the house I pulled out my laptop and pulled up face time. I clicked on my moms contact and waited for her to answer.

"Oh my gosh dear how was your trip down?" "It was good." I sit at the small desk and pull my hair into a ponytail. I sit with my knee up and my chin resting. My mom and Davis are tangled together on the love seat. "What did Logan think of his gift?" "I haven't given it to him yet. I am tonight." "Ok well we're going to get dinner ready so bye sweetheart happy your having fun." "Bye mom."

I shut my laptop and dig out Logan's gift. When I find it I take it down stairs to where Logan and uncle John are at the table. Logan sees me. I motion for him to come. He excuses himself and walks over.

-----

I love it but I didn't get you anything." Logan sits on my bed holding the shirt out in front of him. "It's ok my birthday is soon you can get me something then!" "Ok but I'm gonna get you something good." "Ok I'll take your word for that!" I stood up from the bed and walked towards the door. Logan's arms pulled around me before I could get to the door.

"What are you doing." I say laying under Logan. He's arms rested beside my head. "Nothing." He leans in and kisses me on the forehead and then my lips.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please leave comments for story ideas that you'd want me to write about. I love getting ideas from y'all. This story has a total of 574 words.