Chapter Three

Dealing With Troublemakers

I raised an eyebrow at his wolf while keeping my composure as Ace kept yipping in joy at the back of my mind. One word for her; annoying.

I shut my eyes, furrowing my eyebrows deeply as I mentally growled at her to shut up. As if on cue, she shut up immediately. As much as she wanted to jump into the arms of her mate, I had better control over her.

My eyelids fluttered open again to find Nathaniel in his human form, wearing a pair of basketball shorts. This time, my wolf forced my eyes to meet his. "Just look at our mate." She growled, her aura overpowering mine in just a few seconds.

I struggled to fight control over her. And before I knew it, I won. Domineering much? My eyes wandered around the surroundings before looking at him.

I felt him staring at me the entire time, his eyes boring holes through my skull.

As awkward as it seemed, I wished I hadn't followed his scent here. I wished I had just took off in a run and returned home. "What are you doing here, Shelly?" He asked, finally breaking the silence. It was the first time hearing him calling my name. It made me feel guiltily happy.

But, my spirit dampened when struggling was heard from around the corners. I quickly walked past him and headed towards the direction of the struggle.

All I saw was chaos. Lance was being beaten up repeatedly by two unknown guys, perhaps his men. I turned to look at him, guilt written all over his face. "What are you doing?" I demanded, gritting my teeth in anger.

Without getting a response, I turned back to the situation and cleared my throat. "Stop." I yelled, clenching my fists together as I glared at them. They stopped beating Lance while he looked up at me, sending me a grateful smile as his head hung down in exhaustion.

"Babe, I-I-" I raised a hand, interrupting his words. I turned to face him, my eyes staring at his coldly. "You don't have to explain, what you did was horrendous." I glared before side-stepping him like before and walked past him.

I felt the soles of my boots brushing past the grasses, a few twigs were snapped and the wind repeatedly wheezing past me. Other than that, it was just total silence.

His voice still ringed in my ears, constantly calling my name just to stop me. But, I will forever be running away from him. Even if it takes forever.

However, a hand grasped onto my arm, halting me instantly. I struggled out of his grasp but was pulled into his arms. The tingles were more worse when he practically pulled me into his arms.

I hated it when the mate bond was killing me like that.

I pulled away, my hands were against his chest as I pushed him away. "I said don't ever touch me." I growled warningly, my face twitching in anger.

"Look, listen to me, babe." He raised his hands to show that he was not going to touch me before he continued. "I witnessed everything in the morning. He laid a finger on you, making both my wolf and me in a complete rage. Being me, I couldn't stand it when my mate was bullied so I did what any male would do."

I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly before I let out a huff. "I don't need you to do that because of what happened earlier. I can handle it myself." I retorted, folding my arms across my chest.

"Why are you so obstinate in getting help, accepting people into your life, accepting me? Is it so hard to acknowledge me as your mate or spare me a glance? Do you know how I felt when you practically ignored me ever since the both of us met?" He threw me tons of questions, seemingly hurt. I could hear a mix of pain and hurt in his voice.

But, that did not affect me. "Because you will never understand what I have been through." I growled lowly, my eyes darkening; not in lust but in anger.

"From now on, don't talk to me." I growled warningly before turning to leave just as the wind brushed past my short hair. I felt everything slowly fading. The only noise was just the soles of my boots dragging along the grasses beneath me.

I knew that my words must have hurt him a lot but I couldn't care anyway. I don't need his help. I don't need people entering my life. And, I certainly don't need him in my life.

xxxx
The day went by in a blur except that some people were giving me disgusted looks whenever I walked past them. Perhaps it was the fight with Lance. Or perhaps, I was unintentionally being involved in someone's love affair - which was most probably not.

There was a pat on my shoulders, making me glance behind to find Elena with a grin plastered on her face. I raised an eyebrow for her to continue what she has to say.

"One good news and one bad news. Which one do you want to listen first?" I shrugged nonchalantly, making her eyebrows furrow in disbelief. "Okay, fine. I will announce the bad news first." She sighed, looking straight into my eyes solemnly.

"You were featured in the campus forum as the 'Raging Beast' with a video of you fighting with the new transfer openly in the middle of the campus." Her words grabbed my attention, my face showing the least bit of emotions before I just shrugged it off. No big deal anyway. "Look at what you have done." She chided, making me mentally roll my eyes.

"However, the good news is Dion, the captain of volleyball team wants to date you. I think he began noticing you after the video went viral." She jumped up and down in excitement as if she was the one being asked out. "And by the way, he is a werewolf too." She added with a wink.

"In addition, since you have been avoiding your mate, maybe you could consider a second option. He is not a bad choice either." Her words made me roll my eyes in disbelief.  

A/N _ Vote, Comment and Share!
Add this book to your library and reading list if you've enjoyed.

This book is updated once every week, so be sure to check back for updates ;)